Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuck at 29fps/59vps/99% speed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dino

Hey,

I'm playing Skyward Sword and the emulator is constantly at 29fps instead of 30. If I press TAB, I go up to 40-80 (depending on the area) so I guess I should be able to have 30, but as soon as I release TAB, back to 29.
Any known fix?

Settings : http://i.imgur.com/f0sPy.png

Operating System:Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU:i5-3550 @ 3.9ghz
Video Card/GPU:Nvidia GTX 660
Memory/RAM:8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Dolphin Revision Currently Using:3.0-807-dirty x64
Don't use LLE. Try HLE.
1 FPS? This really changes something?

Dino

Jhonn, forgot to mention it but I'm getting a bit of input lag, and the sound stutters, I'm guessing this is because of the 1 fps.
Gonna try HLE.

Edit : Well, still stuck at 99% but no more stutter so I guess that's fine, thanks. Smile
Is HLE accurate for Skyward Sword (no missing instrument, ...)?
Well, for the input lag, the issue maybe your bluetooth stack, try the Toshiba Stack. Also, LLE isn't needed in this game because HLE emulation haven't bigger issues in this games...
You can keep using LLE without stuttering sound by using Vbeam trick :
_Right-click the game -> Properties -> Tick "Vbeam Emulation" and Untick "Enable Idle Skipping"
Edit : Also , you should enable "DSP LLE on thread"

Dino

Thanks, gonna try that stack, still feels like the input is bugging a bit.
admin89 : Yeah, I read about this trick, but I lose a lot of emulation speed, enough to not get 100% everywhere anymore Sad (is that normal?).
The VBeam Trick may actually slow down some games; this happened to me with Tales of Symphonia. It depends on the game. Not a lot of games have been tested with the VBeam Trick, so we don't know all of the games for which it might or might not be beneficial.
(11-16-2012, 01:55 AM)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, gonna try that stack, still feels like the input is bugging a bit.
admin89 : Yeah, I read about this trick, but I lose a lot of emulation speed, enough to not get 100% everywhere anymore Sad (is that normal?).

But does it work in solving skipping sound ?
Disabling idle skipping is what causes speed loss, as its a speedup ( thats why its on by defualt )
Try just vbeam and leave idle skipping on, it might work in fixing the sound.
But as others have said, I didnt notice any problems or missing instruments in HLE with this game.
Plus, HLE have been improved in latest revisons Smile