Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MP4 - MP5, Dont work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Mario Party 4 crashes after the "CLICK START", menu. I've tried so many things/options but i cant get it work. My mate have the same problem at the exact same point as i.

Mario Party 5 seem to work fine but, if we try to netplay its kinda laggy and after some rounds, sometimes after 1 round its desync/disconnect. (Dual Core off)

Could it be the rom? Or am i doing things wrong?

Thanks for the help!
Post your Dolphin settings. Click the config button and look at the General tab. Click the Graphics button and look at the General, Hacks, and Enhancements tabs. We'd prefer it if you provided these as screenshots (google how to make them if you don't know).

Are you trying to play both MP4 and MP5 using netplay? The official stable release (3.0, not sth like 3.0-809, just 3.0) tends to have less issues desyncing, based on user reports. There is a netplay guide on the forums (check the sticky FAQ thread for a link) detailing the best settings you and your friend should use.

It could also just be your dump. Use a program to generate an MD5 hash for your game files (there are plenty of free tools, Google knows). Once you get the hash, compare that to one provided by online databases like GameTDB or Redump.org (make sure the regions are the same, it makes a difference). If your hashes match up with theirs, your dump is okay. If not, you'll need to redump your game until the hashes match.
Quote:Mario Party 4 crashes after the "CLICK START", menu. I've tried so many things/options but i cant get it work. My mate have the same problem at the exact same point as i.
Try Dolphin 3.0 (without any number behind)
Quote: Mario Party 5 seem to work fine but, if we try to netplay its kinda laggy and after some rounds, sometimes after 1 round its desync/disconnect. (Dual Core off)

Could it be the rom? Or am i doing things wrong?
Nothing wrong . Netplay requires :
_Very fast internet connection
_Both PC must be very powerful . Since you run the game in single core mode (dual core off) -> Dolphin run slow . Recommend : i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz or i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
If one of the those pc is much slower than the other , you'll get bad result (laggy)
Yeah, try the official Dolphin 3.0 release. If you still encounter the same problem, try to compare the hash of your ISO with the hash from redump.org

If the two hashes are the same, everything is fine with your ISO. Is the hash of your game not the same, your ISO is broken -> redump your game!
Quote:_Very fast internet connection

It works over dialup so, not really no. I'm pretty sure it's more important to have a stable internet connection than a fast one.
best: stable and fast Tongue
(11-15-2012, 02:12 PM)NoHunterz Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be the rom?

Your dump of Mario Party 4 is probably bad
That's what I said Tongue

DefenderX Wrote:Yeah, try the official Dolphin 3.0 release. If you still encounter the same problem, try to compare the hash of your ISO with the hash from redump.org

If the two hashes are the same, everything is fine with your ISO. Is the hash of your game not the same, your ISO is broken -> redump your game!

Edit: What I've forgotten: @OP: It's called ISO, not ROM Tongue
@DefenderX: That's also what I said :p Anyway, the ISO files we're talking about are technically ROMs. NV explained this way back when in Delfino Plaza (PS3 emu thread of sth like that). They're disc images generated from CD-ROMs or DVD-ROMs. However, it's more conventional in game emulation to refer to disc images as ISOs to distinguish where it came from (optical disc vs cartridge).