Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

I know that there are already threads about this, but I couldn't find an answer to my problem at all, so I'm asking again.

I've done those fixes: http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussi...emory.html, but I still get the error message. I haven't got any antivirus software.

Dolphin worked before that guy repaired my video card, but now it doesn't work anymore.

Could you guys please help me? What do I have to do, so that it works again?

Thank you very much!

-Felix
Possible solutions:

1. Are you ATI user? If so, try downgrading your drivers to Catalyst 9.3, latest have memory leaks.

2. Run all your games through main Dolphin screen (set paths in Settings to do it)

3. Disable processes that take large amount of memory (RAM, Virtual, etc.)

And as more information you should post your PC specs Smile
Oh, I totally forgot about the PC specs. ^^"

My PC specs:

System:

Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:

Intel® Core™2 CPU
T7400 @ 2.16GHz
994 MHz, 2,00 GB RAM

Video card:

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX
(07-12-2009, 10:44 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Possible solutions:

1. Are you ATI user? If so, try downgrading your drivers to Catalyst 9.3, latest have memory leaks.

2. Run all your games through main Dolphin screen (set paths in Settings to do it)

3. Disable processes that take large amount of memory (RAM, Virtual, etc.)

And as more information you should post your PC specs Smile

1. No, I am not ATI user.

2. Done that, still doesn't work.

3. Well, I'm gonna try this now.
Alright, tried "3.", but it still doesn't work. I've dowloaded and installed the newest video card driver, still doesn't work. What can I do, so it works? I'm sure, that the reason, why it doesn't work any more is, that that guy, who has repaired my video card, has done something, so I cannot play it any more? Do I have to change something in the video card settings? What do I have to do? I really wanna play Dolphin, I love it. Sad
(07-13-2009, 04:18 AM)manaurys Wrote: [ -> ]try this new build http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-265...l#pid22427

The problem is still there. Sad
What exactly happens when you try to run dolphin?
(07-13-2009, 04:45 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly happens when you try to run dolphin?

Yay! xDD

It works or me now! Big Grin Figured it out! Big Grin

@MenaceInc

Click the link in my first post. I kept getting that error message.
Well, since I figured out, what the problem was, I thought that I could tell all of you, who have the same problem, I had, how I fixed it.

1. Do you use Kaspersky, or any other antivirus software? If yes, then just deactive or close them. There are also sites on the internet, which tell you, what you have to do, if you use Kaspersky.

2. http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussi...emory.html

Those fixes could solve your problem.

3. Download and use the newest version of Dolphin (always do that).

4. Increase the Virtual Memory (at least to 6 GB).

5. Now this is the part, that'll take a while:

Open task manager. Under your user name, close EVERYTHING except the following:

rundll32.exe
jusched.exe
explorer.exe
ctfmon.exe
csrss.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe (there may be more than just one)
winlogon.exe

Now, open Dolphin, and start a game. If it doesn't work the first time, try it again, it should work then. Try it like 5 times, if it doesn't work then, then I cannot help you. But it should work the second time, if it doesn't work the first time. Wink