Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Virtual Console] Pokémon Snap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiki Page - Pokémon Snap - [edit]

PaperPal

Hiya!

I've been trying to get Snap to play on Dolphin for months, and I have had no luck! When I take pictures, the photo I am seeing seems to not be the same one Oak is seeing. He sees photos with multiple pidgeys in it, and says there are no pokemon, and when I take the tutorial photo of a pidgey, he says I was too far away taking the photo.

I'm running the game at native resolution with no mods or changes. Under Software Renderer, everything is fine, besides the 1 frame per second.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thank you for your time.
Please bisect and find out when it stopped working. This game is INCREDIBLY sensitive to certain parts of graphics emulation.
Cannot reproduce your issue.  Please provide further instructions.

rikanprodigy

[Image: NAKE01-2020-02-08-10-38-10.png]

Anyone else experiencing this when enabling the widescreen cheat? It appears as though most of the pokemon have some sort of dark filter over them. I'm running 5.0-11608

pchc_lx

(04-24-2019, 05:08 AM)PaperPal Wrote: [ -> ]Hiya!

I've been trying to get Snap to play on Dolphin for months, and I have had no luck! When I take pictures, the photo I am seeing seems to not be the same one Oak is seeing. He sees photos with multiple pidgeys in it, and says there are no pokemon, and when I take the tutorial photo of a pidgey, he says I was too far away taking the photo.

I'm running the game at native resolution with no mods or changes. Under Software Renderer, everything is fine, besides the 1 frame per second.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thank you for your time.

Had this exact same issue tonight w this game, cycling through various settings and always getting very poor results from Prof Oaks ability to recognize the photos. 
(02-09-2020, 01:44 AM)rikanprodigy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same issue. On both dolphin and real hardware. I could have sworn I used this code before and it worked fine. It might have to do with whatever code he used to fix the fog initially? 
[Image: NAKE01-2020-02-08-10-38-10.png]

Anyone else experiencing this when enabling the widescreen cheat? It appears as though most of the pokemon have some sort of dark filter over them. I'm running 5.0-11608