Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Virtual Console] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

optiores

Hello. I'm getting slowdowns, like below the 20 FPS cap. Is this because of the weak Nintendo 64 VC emulation on a real Wii or do I have to set some specific settings in Dolphin. Cheers.
Is it stuttering or constant slowdown? If it's the former, it's very likely caused by JIT stuttering. I'm not aware of any solution to this problem.

optiores

(10-25-2017, 09:44 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Is it stuttering or constant slowdown? If it's the former, it's very likely caused by JIT stuttering. I'm not aware of any solution to this problem.

It's stuttering - i.e. when I exit Link's home and go down the lader and turn around the frames/s drop to about 16-17. What's weird is that this guy doesn't get any slowdowns. It seems I'll just stick to the GC Collector's Edition because I don't experience any slowdowns there.
I got black bars on both sides of the game window, as well as above and below it. Is it possible to get rid of them?
(03-13-2019, 12:08 AM)emuguy Wrote: [ -> ]Im playing the n64 version of ocarina of time, and theres black bars on the sides as well as above and below the game. Any way to get rid of them?

I just merged your thread into this one. Look at the OP for some widescreen codes...
Its not a widescreen issue though. Its just the game window not being strechted out.
Have you tried enabling the "Crop" option in Dolphin's Graphics settings?
Yep, it didnt solve the problem.

Skyward

Hello, I'm bumping up this thread as I found a few other quirks on top of the black borders issue.
- The "You will need a Classic Controller" screen is only displayed for what looks like one frame when it should stay for 5-6 seconds, this screen is properly emulated in Majora's Mask for instance
- There is a slight misalignment between the minimap and the arrows representing Link (yellow) and the last door/loading zone he went through (red)
- The game has a native 2-frame input delay (20 FPS), but whenever the inventory screen is brought up and closed, the game gets 3 frames of input delay until the next reset. I don't know if this issue is present on Wii, but it is again not an issue in Majora's Mask.

I know these aren't big issues gameplay-wise, but I thought it would be nice to be aware of them for emulation accuracy.
Pages: 1 2