Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Build of Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i accidentally deleted everything i just wrote so I will start over...

I know there is no "best" build in dolphin, they all have their pitfalls. However, I want to know which one will give the best performance rather than randomly shooting around looking for one.

My computer:
OS: Windows 7 x64 (Would XP be better because it takes less resources?)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600M
Directx: 11
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 2.0ghz... (not really 2.0ghz.... stupid AMD)
RAM: 4GB 800mhz DDR2

Games I want to play
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Mario Kart Wii (if i can run it)
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (if i can run it)
i was about to make a new thread about this men a hope some one really experience or someone from the staff give his o her opinion about this
P.S those are the game that i want to play and Pokemon of course
It depends. Newest build works the best for me but many others have had problems with it. Second newest build off the dolphin site is the best for many people atm.

Trust me you don't want x64 XP. It has so many problems with drivers and other things.
(07-12-2009, 05:33 AM)Dartht33bagger Wrote: [ -> ]It depends. Newest build works the best for me but many others have had problems with it. Second newest build off the dolphin site is the best for many people atm.

Trust me you don't want x64 XP. It has so many problems with drivers and other things.

Yeah if i were to get XP i would definitely get x86 i have heard to many people rant about x64, but would the newer versions be best for speed and apearance, or is it just speed because I am looking for speed Tongue

cmccmc

the newest are pretty fast and if you want sound then you pretty much have to go with them unless you switch the plugins
try out different revs and try combining their plugins, that's what I do.
Actually I have found a great performance boost within the last few revs - R3747 or so. Try it and see how it works.
i hope so im not use to this emulator just a couples of days here
(07-12-2009, 10:27 PM)jasong Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I have found a great performance boost within the last few revs - R3747 or so. Try it and see how it works.

Some games like Super Mario Galaxy, but Zelda WW and some others went slower.
ups and downs in this builds