Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Scorpion King : Rise of the Akkadian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe I should write a bug report about this instead, but just wondering if I'm the only one facing this issue

imgur.com/a/MLIJgIW

I've tried a few settings and I've tried the latest beta versions. This has been an issue ever since I tested it out over a year ago.

I recently found out that Spawn: Armageddon has a similar issue.

(Also, not sure if this is allowed, but willing to PayPal $20 to whichever dev can resolve this within the next few weeks)
(01-20-2022, 05:36 PM)LPA Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I should write a bug report about this instead, but just wondering if I'm the only one facing this issue

imgur.com/a/MLIJgIW

I've tried a few settings and I've tried the latest beta versions. This has been an issue ever since I tested it out over a year ago.

I recently found out that Spawn: Armageddon has a similar issue.

(Also, not sure if this is allowed, but willing to PayPal $20 to whichever dev can resolve this within the next few weeks)

Can you post your graphics settings?
(01-20-2022, 11:46 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post your graphics settings?

https://imgur.com/a/4BtfyUM
(01-21-2022, 12:10 AM)LPA Wrote: [ -> ]https://imgur.com/a/4BtfyUM

Try unchecking "Store XFB Copies"
Unticking "Store XFB Copies to Texture Only" did not solve it. Didn't solve it for Spawn: Armageddon either. What's funny is that the glitch appears on exactly the same spot in Spawn Armageddon.

I've tried unticking all other hacks too and it hasn't resulted in a fix. I've played around with settings before. Maybe there's a magic formula of settings that are required here but my honest take is that it'll look broken no matter what you do.
(01-21-2022, 11:13 PM)LPA Wrote: [ -> ]Unticking "Store XFB Copies to Texture Only" did not solve it. Didn't solve it for Spawn: Armageddon either. What's funny is that the glitch appears on exactly the same spot in Spawn Armageddon.

I've tried unticking all other hacks too and it hasn't resulted in a fix. I've played around with settings before. Maybe there's a magic formula of settings that are required here but my honest take is that it'll look broken no matter what you do.

You could try unchecking all of the options there as they are all hacks anyway (I'd recommend one at a time, so you know which one it was), leaving the slider on Safe should be best as well.
You're as fast as Sonic. I edited my post to mention I've tried all that. No avail. Would you be able to run a test and see if it works?

I've noticed before that EA games with vp6 cutscenes don't work with Nvidia graphics cards. Maybe it's related to that once more.
(01-21-2022, 11:21 PM)LPA Wrote: [ -> ]You're as fast as Sonic. I edited my post to mention I've tried all that. No avail. Would you be able to run a test and see if it works?

I've noticed before that EA games with vp6 cutscenes don't work with Nvidia graphics cards. Maybe it's related to that once more.

I don't think that is the same problem, but you can read about some solutions I found in the wiki:

"VP6 Videos uses the video codec, common in Electronic Arts' titles, causing its videos to have vertical line artifacts and other glitches on many graphics cards. The Software Render will display VP6 video correctly, but is typically too slow. VP6 rendering also reacts poorly to the Force Texture Filtering enhancements (and Anisotropic Filtering on NVIDIA), causing further scrambling. See issue 7193. In  5.0-15515 or newer, this can be fixed with "Manual Texture Sampling" in the Graphics Settings -> Advanced menu."
(01-21-2022, 11:42 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that is the same problem, but you can read about some solutions I found in the wiki:

"VP6 Videos uses the video codec, common in Electronic Arts' titles, causing its videos to have vertical line artifacts and other glitches on many graphics cards. The Software Render will display VP6 video correctly, but is typically too slow. VP6 rendering also reacts poorly to the Force Texture Filtering enhancements (and Anisotropic Filtering on NVIDIA), causing further scrambling. See issue 7193. In  5.0-15515 or newer, this can be fixed with "Manual Texture Sampling" in the Graphics Settings -> Advanced menu."

Nice. Yeah I saw it got fixed. I actually tried Manual Texture Sampling for Scorpion King and Spawn right when that got released, but to no avail also.

Any ideas? Should I make a bug report? It'd be absolutely amazing to see it fixed within the next few weeks so I can actually do a Dolphin recording for my video deadline. Therefore I don't mind paying $20 for a fix if allowed.