Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PioneerRaptor

Attempted to play the game today using Dolphin 3.5-141 and it was unplayable for me. It worked fine until about 10-15 seconds into the opening movie that leads into the Prologue Mission. At that point the Speed dropped to around 20-40% (fluctuated). Knowing that I didn't have DEP LLE I figured it might just be the cutscene, however the speed DID NOT increase once the scene was over and it switched over to gameplay.

EDIT: Changed from OpenGL to Direct3D9. This time there was no stutter or fps drop during the entire cutscene. However, once the gameplay hit the speed dropped to 30-40%. I am using the settings from the performance guide that were recommended.
(02-06-2013, 03:43 AM)PioneerRaptor Wrote: [ -> ]Attempted to play the game today using Dolphin 3.5-141 and it was unplayable for me. It worked fine until about 10-15 seconds into the opening movie that leads into the Prologue Mission. At that point the Speed dropped to around 20-40% (fluctuated). Knowing that I didn't have DEP LLE I figured it might just be the cutscene, however the speed DID NOT increase once the scene was over and it switched over to gameplay.

EDIT: Changed from OpenGL to Direct3D9. This time there was no stutter or fps drop during the entire cutscene. However, once the gameplay hit the speed dropped to 30-40%. I am using the settings from the performance guide that were recommended.

This game is very very demanding. You'll need to overclock your CPU to get a "decent" speed.

With my old 760 (overclocked) the game is playable but I usually don't go beyond 70% speed Tongue . I hope my new 3570k will do the job Big Grin

PioneerRaptor

(02-06-2013, 04:09 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2013, 03:43 AM)PioneerRaptor Wrote: [ -> ]This game is very very demanding. You'll need to overclock your CPU to get a "decent" speed.

With my old 760 (overclocked) the game is playable but I usually don't go beyond 70% speed Tongue . I hope my new 3570k will do the job Big Grin
That's crazy demand if I have to overclock my 2500K. Oh well, I had a random LoTR itch and I've been playing the game and watching the movies and I didn't have this one :/.
(02-06-2013, 04:13 AM)PioneerRaptor Wrote: [ -> ]That's crazy demand if I have to overclock my 2500K

Your "k" processor is basically done for that. It's safe if you got the good MotherBoard (Z77 preferably) and cooling system etc.

(02-06-2013, 04:13 AM)PioneerRaptor Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, I had a random LoTR itch and I've been playing the game and watching the movies and I didn't have this one :/.

Yeah I'm a great fan of the series too (books, movies, games...) Big Grin

PioneerRaptor

(02-06-2013, 04:21 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Your "k" processor is basically done for that. It's safe if you got the good MotherBoard (Z77 preferably) and cooling system etc.
I currently don't have it overclocked because I'm using the Stock Cooler, I bought the "K" version because I plan on buying a better cooler next month. Guess I'll have to wait until next month then and see how much I can improve it!
(02-06-2013, 04:42 AM)PioneerRaptor Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2013, 04:21 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Your "k" processor is basically done for that. It's safe if you got the good MotherBoard (Z77 preferably) and cooling system etc.
I currently don't have it overclocked because I'm using the Stock Cooler, I bought the "K" version because I plan on buying a better cooler next month. Guess I'll have to wait until next month then and see how much I can improve it!

Yeah if you plan to play a lot of games with Dolphin, and especially demanding games such as LOTR series, overclocking will help you. Btw your 2500k is an excellent processor: most games will work just fine