Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Crash Nitro Kart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiki Page - Crash Nitro Kart - [edit]

I hope some dev will take a look at this game sometime id really appreciate it

Cutscenes can be fixed i know by setting External Frame Buffer to "Real" but doing so makes the gameplay look really low res

I played this game alot in my childhood, i find it to be better than mario kart, it be great will 1080p or even 4k
(06-20-2015, 06:48 AM)JOHN30011887 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope some dev will take a look at this game sometime id really appreciate it

Cutscenes can be fixed i know by setting External Frame Buffer to "Real" but doing so makes the gameplay look really low res

I played this game alot in my childhood, i find it to be better than mario kart, it be great will 1080p or even 4k

There is a fix about it but it is half done. When this pr is merged to master the issue with low res all over the game will be fixed.
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/2051
https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-2051-d...est-x64.7z
In the meantime you can try the build above with opengl and virtual xfb(set this after the game boots to override the gameini option).
Oooh thanks, i didnt know about that, i keep my eyes on it, thanks again Smile

Just tested it with Crash Nitro Kart and seems to work, only the loading screen dont show, prob cause there images and not videos but i can live with that as game is alot sharper

I put this in the gameconfig

[Video_Settings]
UseXFB = True
UseRealXFB = False
[Core]
GFXBackend = OGL

*With that i didnt need to change anything when i ran from my game shortcut

This is my Dolphin shortcut's target

"E:\CONSOLE GAMES\gamecube\CRASH NITRO KART\Dolphin.exe" /e "CNK.gcm"

I put all my games into individual folders so there like pc games, when theres a good update from dolphin i just keep the game and my shortcut then replace all other files (This way i can use my Dock Icons)
The loading screens may need EFB Access to CPU
Thanks for help, I tried that but it broke the loading screen more, audio crackled alot, with it off and with current settings as i wrote above it just shows the image for a split second then goes black and says the word loading then game menu comes up fine and game is nice and sharp
Describe broke even more?
Sorry i was speaking out my behind, i retested this morning since it was very late last night (i must have ticked Skip EFB Access to CPU).

The dolphin emulator has EFB Access to CPU defaulted on so that means (Skip EFB Access to CPU) in Graphics tab then Hacks tab is Unticked.

I have still put the Gameconfig command in anyway though - 
[Video_Hacks]
EFBAccessEnable = True

Allowing EFB Access to CPU it just shows the image for a split second then goes black and says the word loading then game menu comes up fine and game is nice and sharp, all game videos run fine, its just images that don't show in loading screens.

When turning off EFB Access to CPU it shows intro videos fine but when it got to loading screen is hangs there and the audio crackled alot and all i got was a black screen, no writing saying loading, it stayed like that for good few mins then i just closed the emulator.

Before this Hybrid xfb i had to use Real xfb, when using that all videos and images in loading screens worked perfect it was just the actual gameplay that looked low resolution, i don't know if that will help any in finding whats causing the loading screens to not work now with Hybrid xfb, but i understand fully that the Hybrid xfb is a Wip but by the way great work so far Big Grin