Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the NTSC widescreen AR code, works perfect Smile
Is there a 60Hz AR Code for the NTSC version of the game, the cpu override doesnt work with this game, it makes the audio crackle
It does work with this game, if the audio starts crackling, it's likely because your processor isn't fast enough to handle the overclocked processor. This game is stupid demanding.

EA piova

PAL version no patches
Revision: 5.0-10153 x64
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.4GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 590
Result: Tried with various config (also default resolutions and all the backends), I had the same result. Playable, but several sections where runs at half FPS (25). OpenGL and Vulkan are good, while Direct causes missing textures.
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I thought I'd add in some things I've found recently while experimenting with the game. For reference I've got the following system, so what works well for me may not for you. YMMV, as always.

- 9900k OC'd to 4.9Ghz
- 32 GB 3200 mhz RAM
- RTX 3080 GPU
- All games, texture packs, etc. stored on SSD

Right off the bat, I noticed that this game has a weird FPS cap. It seems to jump around from 30 to 60. Basically, less demanding areas run at 60 while the core gameplay mostly runs at 30. Since the cap was dynamic, my thinking is that the game scales the cap based on load. To confirm this, I went ahead and doubled the emulated CPU clock speed. This resulted in almost all areas going to 60 fps without any side effects, like incorrect game speed or anything like that. Unfortunately, the game still didn't run at 60 all the time. In some areas it dropped down to like 48 fps. I tried pushing the emulated clock speed higher, but nothing worked.

I then stumbled on some comments made here years ago where someone noted that dual core seemed to cause issues with the game. I then tried turning off dual core and boom, silky smooth 60 fps gameplay.

So here are my settings if anyone wants to try it out for themselves.

[Core]
OverclockEnable = True
Overclock = 2.2
FastDiscSpeed = True
CPUThread = False

I also used the widescreen Gecko code and the texture pack available in the texture pack forum to further enhance the game.