Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] 007: From Russia with Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Graslu

Enabling "Immediately Present XFB" makes the game run at 30FPS but obviously looks better. Disabling it has the native resolution and runs at 60FPS without any issues. I've seen this happen on some other EA games, would there be a way to keep the 60FPS but with the increased resolution?
(02-18-2019, 02:36 AM)Graslu Wrote: [ -> ]Enabling "Immediately Present XFB" makes the game run at 30FPS but obviously looks better. Disabling it has the native resolution and runs at 60FPS without any issues. I've seen this happen on some other EA games, would there be a way to keep the 60FPS but with the increased resolution?

really? 60fps in this game? I always thought it was capped to 30fps forever.

Graslu

Yes, this is the case for Everything or Nothing, too. By disabling it you can get 60FPS on both games, and I believe it runs at 60FPS on GC but don't take my word for it, been long since I last played on original hardware. Strangely, some other games like Medal of Honor: Frontline having it disabled makes it 60FPS, but disabling it gets you 120FPS... Here some pics of them:

[Image: 60fps.png]

[Image: 60fps1.png]
[Image: unknown.png]

Muckluck

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knew about a fix for From Russia with Love missing light/bloom effects in the game? I'm aware of the VP6 codec issue that affects the videos in this game but I've never seen this problem mentioned in any other threads. Any help or guidance would be massively appreciated!

In terms of Dolphin version and settings:

Version: 5.0-12247
Backend: Direct3D 11
Adapter: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Internal Resolution: 2x Native for 720p
Anti-aliasing: 2xMSAA

Hacks - Everything default except:
GPU Texture Encoding: On
Vertex Rounding: On (Remove a thin black box around the 007 model)

In the game's individual properties Enable MMU is checked to fix the black pause screens.

In terms of the light/bloom issue, I don't know much about how Dolphin works exactly but after some testing, I've found it's something to do with EFB settings under hacks. I'll give some examples:

This is how the game is meant to look with the bloom around the lights at the top of the screen. This was achieved by checking Disable EFB VRAM Copies in the Advanced tab. Problem is it inhibits all upscaling and causes poor performance:

[Image: GLZE69_2020-09-29_11-50-14.png]

This is how the game looks pretty much by default. Bloom missing, but runs great:

[Image: GLZE69_2020-09-29_11-49-31.png]

The bloom returns when unchecking Store EFB Copies to Texture, (with Defer EFB Copies to RAM checked still) however it appears to pass through objects:

[Image: GLZE69_2020-09-29_11-49-58.png]

Finally, unchecking Defer EFB Copies to RAM as well removes this error but obviously decreases performance heavily.

[Image: GLZE69_2020-09-29_11-49-49.png]

So in other words, I can match the game to how it looked originally, but at the cost of performance. Is there any of way of fixing this do you think?

One more thing I tried was after searching for similar bloom issues, I came across One More Try's recent custom debugger which includes a "Don't-scale-EFB-copies slider" that can fix a lot of bloom in games. Unfortunately I tested this to no luck. Sad
Does it still happens if you fully disable AA?

Graslu00

I've updated the Issue regarding Bond games including this one running at half the framerate they should on Dolphin, still an issue as of 5.0-15105 with the difference that it is now not possible to get them running higher than 30FPS at all, even with the settings I shared above years ago.

Here's a comparison of the game running on real hardware at 60FPS and then Dolphin emulator at 30FPS.

Here's hoping this is addressed some time.
I have an issue with this game where the pause screens are bugged. I tried it on 5.0, 5.0-15105, and 5.0-15499.

[attachment=19894]
[attachment=19895]
[attachment=19896]
[attachment=19897]