Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Enter the Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiki Page - Enter the Matrix - [edit]

wow this needs updateing ,some things are wrong e.g videos work now with out useing real efb, Textures can be fixed if you use ram, Shadows idk
(02-05-2015, 06:37 AM)haloharry97 Wrote: [ -> ]wow this needs updateing ,some things are wrong e.g videos work now with out useing real efb, Textures can be fixed if you use ram, Shadows idk

The above settings are already in their gameini, you still need real xfb.
(02-05-2015, 08:02 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-05-2015, 06:37 AM)haloharry97 Wrote: [ -> ]wow this needs updateing ,some things are wrong e.g videos work now with out useing real efb, Textures can be fixed if you use ram, Shadows idk

The above settings are already in their gameini, you still need real xfb.

??? oO i do not need it
what dose gameini do
I can't figure out how to make the movies work with all these framebuffer options here and there (on the latest Dolphin build : 5.0-6188) ...

Can somebody help me with this?
Using XFB to RAM does not address the missing video in this title. It currently only seems to be rendered with the Software Renderer.

Astral Tauri Buddhist

I believe this has to do with the really old video file format .vid unplayable on pc's these days. Some kind of a patch available for game to convert those file formats but also another to change how the emulator reads video formats. 
Dolphin isn't directly playing a video file though. It's emulating GC code (the game) that's been specifically programmed to decode a video file on the disc and play that through the GC hardware. It's an inaccuracy of Dolphin's emulation of the GC hardware, not that your PC can't play or recognize a video file. As mentioned above, Dolphin's software renderer shows the video correctly since it's the most accurate option in terms of emulating the GC's graphical output.