Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DVD Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My DVD drive broke months ago. I had just JUST purchased my 3570K, I was flat broke, I couldn't even manage $20. So, I just used my laptop's DVD drive over the network. Even works with movies thanks to AnyDVD Big Grin. But I have some cash, so, I need to stop procrastinating and get a new drive.

Since I'm getting a new drive, I figured, might as well get one the forum showed will work with Gamecube and Wii discs! So, ran over to the thread, and well... I can't find any of them. Not to mention the data isn't exactly clear, most of them have (failure) beside them.

Anyone have any luck with DVD drives to rip wii games? Any tips or anything on what to get? Or is it just, buy LG and pray? Tongue
http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=RawDump

plus: LG-8164b or LG-8163b or LG-8162b or LG-8161b

Those drives should be compatible.
Hmm. Used huh. I'm not sure I like that idea...
(11-10-2012, 09:07 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. Used huh. I'm not sure I like that idea...

What did you expect, being several years late to the party? Honestly, if your Wii is doing the job for you, I wouldn't bother getting a DVD drive capable of reading game discs. If you have CleanRip or USBLoaderGX working, a DVD drive like this has more novelty than functionality.
Yea, I have it working. But since I had to get a DVD drive anyway, figured I'd look around. I'll just stick to cleanrip.
Yeah, CleanRip is the better choice. It takes less time to dump games with CleanRip.