Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

salitoshater

(09-30-2016, 04:12 PM)pitoloko Wrote: [ -> ]I have a big problem, using the latest v5.x (x64) the audio of this game is UNPLAYABLE, the audio is cutted every seconds, it is just horrible to play it with audio enabled, only the weapon sounds and other minor things are played right... this really makes one of our favorite games unplayable.

Please try to fix the audio issue, we are talking about Resident Evil, one of the sagas that should have priority to fix in a emulator!

Note: I'm using xAudio2 as suggested in the main topic page, and I'm using the PAL version of the game. If needed, my OS and hardware info is on my user profile.

Thanks for read.

Any news about the audio issue? After one year, the problem still exists (io own the NTSC Version of the game). It doesn't matter which resolution I set or which audio backend I use.

Here is a video, which illustrates the problem. Dolphin-5.0-5831

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hapca2CJmG8
(11-19-2017, 09:25 PM)salitoshater Wrote: [ -> ]Any news about the audio issue? After one year, the problem still exists (io own the NTSC Version of the game).

No, there hasn't been any progress on this issue.
(11-19-2017, 09:25 PM)salitoshater Wrote: [ -> ]Any news about the audio issue? After one year, the problem still exists (io own the NTSC Version of the game). It doesn't matter which resolution I set or which audio backend I use.

Here is a video, which illustrates the problem. Dolphin-5.0-5831

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hapca2CJmG8

I think its a problem with newer builds, try the Ishiiruka v.655, i am using that one along with both RE3 and RE2 and they work great.

gamer98753

I'm having an issue with RE3(both USA and PAL versions). When I get to the first loading screen "door" (the first loading screen after you can first control Jill) I get a permanent black screen. No crashing and the FPS counter is still running. I checked the MD5 hash and it's a good dump. I've tried running other similar titles like RE2 and I'm able to play them flawlessly. I'm not getting any other sound or graphical overlay glitches like others have. I'm getting the same problem on both the stable 5.0 release and the latest dev release.

Anybody have a clue as to what's wrong?

Rahm

I'm new to Dolphin and I read some posts and watched some videos and downloaded the new Dolphin as well as got the ISO for RE2 and RE3 setup. RE2 seems to work fine, but RE3 won't even fully start for me. After the opening movies it freezes at the black screen with the text that says "this is my last chance for survival..." I've tried changing various settings and configs but nothing seems to matter.
I see your edit, but it's a bit too late. Downloading games is against the Forum Rules.

Practical

Hello everyone,

I got a bit of an issue regarding Resident Evil 3 (GC US version)

Booting up the game is fine, clicking 'new game' and Cut-scenes/cinematics work. 
So here is the thing, at the start of the game when you have to enter the first door you come across (even automatically since Jill runs towards it), my screen goes black, I can't do anything.
I tried the EU version as well, which gave me the exact same problem.

Funny thing is, I had no problems with other games, such as Resident Evil 2 (US version) and Resident Evil Veronica X.

So I am wondering what it could be.
Since I have everything as 'default' 

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

I see others have the same issue, anyone came up with a solution yet?
Due to sound problems in the later version I usually run RE2 and 3 through Dolphin 5.0 - it's the latest official release (although far outdated at this point). Make sure you have texture filtering disabled in the graphics options as this is known to cause problems.
I'm having some serious slowdown on this game which is around 60% of the max. I tried running it on 5.0-17271 with OpenGL and DirectX. I also tried out almost every option in the graphics configuration window

EDIT : I just found out that it runs 100% like a charm in the old 5.0 version
Any way to reduce re3 angle change loadtimes in dolphin?
Some sort of gecko code, setting within dolphin, or patch is what I'm looking for.
If you don't know what I mean by loadtimes, here's a comparison with the pc restoration project.
Thank you for your time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6