Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Call of Duty: Finest Hour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

happydolphin

Anyone else having a similar problem as I do? The error appears on the level "Road to Remagen", before that the game worked flawlessly. Pressing ok button in the error window doesnt't help as dozens of similiar error messages appear and after that the game crashes. I have tried older Dolphin versions along with the newest build (8684) but to no avail. The game is US-version.

Any tips where I should start looking for the problem?
[attachment=14252]
(01-13-2016, 01:53 AM)happydolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Any tips where I should start looking for the problem?

Try to disable Panic Handlers (in Config/Interface). But I guess your dump is somehow faulty here. You should try to dump your game again

happydolphin

Disabling panic handlers did the trick, thank you Smile

scoutception

I'm having an issue with the level Road to Remagen. After the first checkpoint, the game freezes (I once got the "An error has occurred" screen, so it's happening in game). Before this, I hadn't run into any issues. I'm using the US version and the stable 5.0 build, though I tried 4.0.2 too, with the same result.
[attachment=14984][attachment=14985][attachment=14986][attachment=14987][attachment=14988][attachment=14989][attachment=14990][attachment=14991]
Reporting in a configuration issue that will cause the game to freeze on startup.

When attempting to start Call of Duty Finest Hour on the Vulkan backend with Dual Core enabled, if "Skip Presenting Duplicate Frames" is unchecked, the game will immediately freeze after displaying the "Licensed by Nintendo" and copyright screens.

It seems to be the case regardless of internal resolution. Sometimes I am able to progress further by overclocking the emulated CPU to 300%, but it is inconsistent and breaks the rest of the game.

Only two steps needed to recreate the bug:
1. Change Backend to Vulkan
2. Under "Hacks", uncheck "Skip Presenting Duplicate Frames"

No other option appears to affect this specific issue. Looks like in order to play Call of Duty Finest Hour on Vulkan with Dual Core enabled, we will have to have Skip Presenting Duplicate Frames enabled.

On a side note, this game in general is very touchy when it comes to Dual Core. While Dual Core works in Direct3D 11, it's pretty unstable. Even slightly messing with Windows functions such as hovering the mouse over the taskbar will cause the game to freeze.

Tested using the version I currently have, 5.0-11863. This issue is also present on the latest dev build (5.0-12436) and is recreated using the exact same steps.
Cannot test on 5.0 Stable because Vulkan is not available on Stable.
This is fixed on 2.0-14030, I haven't had any issue, while it happened on 12436 for me, too.
ello I have a problem with this game in GCOE52 USA version on emulator version 5.0-16793 . The game crashes during the 3rd USA Campaign in mission 3 Surrender at Aachen about 7 minutes after the start of the mission the game crashes in the same place :

[color=#ffffff][Image: v6vfsJ1.png][/color]