Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have only 10-15 FPS in this game.
Your CPU is too weak for this game (very demanding)

pikn2

I've been trying to run this game but my frames are very low (10-15). My Emulator state says "playable, but slow because it needs mmu to run," however, I have mmu and mmu speed hack enabled in properties. I have also tried various combinations of enabling and disabling these options and I have yet to see improvement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This game does not run on the latest Dolphin Build but works with 4.0 release with JITIL put plays like a slideshow with frame-rates below 10
A very powerful CPU (and hugely overclocked) is needed for this game. Definitely one of the most demanding GC games

pikn2

(10-19-2013, 10:14 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]A very powerful CPU (and hugely overclocked) is needed for this game. Definitely one of the most demanding GC games
So is my processor not able to handle it, or it an issue with some other thing? My processor is fairly powerful, so I didn't think that it would be the issue.
(10-19-2013, 11:02 AM)pikn2 Wrote: [ -> ]So is my processor not able to handle it, or it an issue with some other thing? My processor is fairly powerful, so I didn't think that it would be the issue.

Your CPU is powerful, just not powerful enough. Some games won't run well unless the CPU is heavily overclocked; CoD:BRO falls into the category.

pikn2

(10-19-2013, 11:35 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is powerful, just not powerful enough. Some games won't run well unless the CPU is heavily overclocked; CoD:BRO falls into the category.
So I can't really play it then, huh? That's too bad. Thanks for your help. (and everyone else too)
All the games on Gamecube that uses the Quake 3 Engine are slow to emulate e.g. Call of Duty Big Red One, Finest Hour, Star
Wars II Jedi Outcast and the Medal of Honour Series.
Pages: 1 2