Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] Contra ReBirth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiki Page - Contra ReBirth - [edit]

StuDentBR

I Just test it and this black screen bug was solved by saving state and then loading state the screen back to normal, which means that it should be not that hard to fix it right ?
The game works perfectly without issues. You need to configure the ini the way tester Terry_Sunderland recommends (look at the bottom of the game page). I can confirm no more black screens with this game when set up correctly.
Do you happen to have the proper ini entries for that? Especially the one for disabling dual core?
Disabling Dual Core is very simple. Simply right-click on the game, Select Properties, and untick Enable Dual Core. But to help you further, here's all you need in the ini config

[Core]
CPUThread = False
[Video_Hacks]
EFBToTextureEnable = False
[Video_Enhancements]
ForceFiltering = False

Just copy/paste that in there and you're good to go.
Hm, it looks like Contra Rebirth (as well as Castlevania Rebirth) doesn't work anymore. They both have this black screen freeze, even when dual core mode is disabled.
Or are they still working for everybody else? (maybe I just got some setting wrong, who knows)
(02-03-2019, 04:17 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Or are they still working for everybody else? (maybe I just got some setting wrong, who knows)

Dolphine 5.0-9583
In order to work you need to disable "defer EFB Copies to RAM" and "Store EDB Copies to Texture Only".