Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin has stopped working, now dolphin is ignoring me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive been having a really odd issue with Dolphin of late, every time I finish playing a game I close the program then I leave the computer on all day come back try run it again and it wont reopen says dolphin has stopped working without even opening. now it wont even do that it simply ignores my clicking on the .exe

tryed 3.0 32bit 64bit

and some 3.0-7xx's

specs:

i5 2500k sandy bridge 3.3Ghz
8gig ram
windows 7 64bit sp1
1023mb GTX 560 ti

Will try get up the more info error when it finally starts responding to me. oh games run fine when it does open.
Try the latest git version of Dolphin.
sorry if I seem stupid but git?
http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Just download the latest version (3.0-802)
this issue was never resolved for me, its got to the point where I can no longer use dolphin, tryed multiple versions and many other little tricks none seem to work.
I'm not entirely sure whats causing your problem, so this is just a shot in the dark; As far as understand, you can't reopen Dolphin after you open and "close" it once right? Have you checked the "processes" tab in Windows Task Manager, to see if the program isn't already running?
nope its defiantly not, infact when I try to reopen it appears for but a moment then goes away. its just the oddest thing that if I reset the PC I can play it most times, if it fails to open on launch it wont ever open again and i have to re download dolphin.
1 of these issues :
_Nvidia driver issue . Some users (include me) had this problem with driver 302 . Update to latest beta/official driver might fix it
_Dolphin is blocked by some stupid programs like Anti-virus software , windows firewall
_Dolphin sit on taskbar and not show up . How to fix : Go to Dolphin folder (you must close dolphin when doing this) -> User\Config\Dolphin.ini . Find those lines (in the attachment) and change those number to "0" then save

Other than that , try reinstall directx June 2010 and vsual C++ 2010
(11-16-2012, 09:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]1 of these issues :
_Nvidia driver issue . Some users (include me) had this problem with driver 302 . Update to latest beta/official driver might fix it
_Dolphin is blocked by some stupid programs like Anti-virus software , windows firewall
_Dolphin sit on taskbar and not show up . How to fix : Go to Dolphin folder (you must close dolphin when doing this) -> User\Config\Dolphin.ini . Find those lines (in the attachment) and change those number to "0" then save

Other than that , try reinstall directx June 2010 and vsual C++ 2010

QFT. I had to remove my antivirus from my emulation PC because it was interfering with Dolphin and PCSX2. It was AVG if that matters. So definitely try disabling your antivirus.
I've got drivers 306 for my GPU, I allowed dolphin thru the firewall (not sure what that would have done but ><) I cant seem to just allow it thru MSE is that even possible? I dont want to shut off my Anti Virus just for this program really. and i've don't the 0's in the lines but I still don't see any improvement what so ever.

oh but your links for the Direct X and Visual C++ didn't work.
Pages: 1 2