Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slideshow the Emulator :P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried using dolphin about a while back on my old compuer:
pentium 4 2.8ghz
1.5gb ram 200mhz ddr
128mb nvidia geforce 5200fx
windows xp 32 bit
needless to say it didnt have a happy ending. now i have bought a new laptop:
dual core amd processor at 2.0ghz not overclocked
4gb ddr2 ram at 400mhz
nvidia geforce 9600m 512mb
windows 7 64 bit
i tried again with dolphin, turning on dual core mode and changing to fullscreen and my monitors native res but i still only get 20fps max on ssbm Sad is there any way i can increase my performance or any othere games that would run good on my system?
There's no easy way to say this but it's very unlikely you'll be able to get much out of that laptop.
Not even people with i7 CPU's are able to run GC games completely fullspeed.
The emulator is still being worked on and such though so through optimization, it may be able to play at a more playable speed.

As Dolphin is right now, there are a few things you can do to try and get a higher speed:

Firstly, use the DolphinIL.exe
Enable Dual Core.
Enable Idle Skipping.
Disable sound.

The main thing about Dolphin is that it is VERY CPU intensive and that the CPU is the main thing holding performance back.
(07-11-2009, 12:25 AM)MenaceInc Wrote: [ -> ]There's no easy way to say this but it's very unlikely you'll be able to get much out of that laptop.
Not even people with i7 CPU's are able to run GC games completely fullspeed.
The emulator is still being worked on and such though so through optimization, it may be able to play at a more playable speed.

As Dolphin is right now, there are a few things you can do to try and get a higher speed:

Firstly, use the DolphinIL.exe
Enable Dual Core.
Enable Idle Skipping.
Disable sound.

The main thing about Dolphin is that it is VERY CPU intensive and that the CPU is the main thing holding performance back.

I wasn't expecting fullspeed every game, just playable speeds on at least a few more popular games. I got an older build of dolphin and tried some different settings in the nvidia control panel i found online and it runs smooth as silk in ssbm Big Grin thanks for your help though Wink
you are lucky it runs at all on that system Tongue