Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my pc run Zelda and Mario games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello guys,
normally i won't play games on my pc. but i want to try Zelda and Mario in HD (720p only cuz my monitor). So i just want to know my pc's spec can run those games.
my pc's spec is:

CPU : Intel Celeron E3300 @ 2.5 GHz
Video Card : none. but I plan to invest in - HIS ATI RADEON HD 6570 -
RAM : KVR800D2N5/2GB

if it's important my MB is ASROCK G31M-V82. It's supports Core2 Extreme, Core2 Quad and Core2 Duo. It's has FSB 1333 MHz and RAM slot DDR2 800.

thanks.
Your CPU is too weak.
SMG 1/2 are too demanding.
Zelda WW might work but forget Zelda TP and Zelda SS
(11-05-2012, 10:38 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU is too weak.
SMG 1/2 are too demanding.
Zelda WW might work but forget Zelda TP and Zelda SS
but If I upgrade my CPU to Core2 Extreme, will it work?
It will be better but still not enough for the most demanding games. SMG 1/2, Zelda TP and Zelda SS are demanding games
How much does it cost ? Core 2 Extreme used to cost near 1000$
Core i3 3220 blow any Core 2 Extreme away from earth
(11-05-2012, 11:02 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]It will be better but still not enough for the most demanding games. SMG 1/2, Zelda TP and Zelda SS are demanding games
So, I should forget Zelda TP and SS in HD or I still play in 480p? Or forget about most Wii's games by this pc?

ps. what is SMG 1/2 anyway and Where to find out which game demand it or not? I try to find answer in this site but can't find it.
With your current PC, you can forget Dolphin.

Better buy a Wii. If you really want to play with Dolphin, buy a whole new PC with Core i5-3570k and a decent GPU.
(11-06-2012, 02:51 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]With your current PC, you can forget Dolphin.

Better buy a Wii. If you really want to play with Dolphin, buy a whole new PC with Core i5-3570k and a decent GPU.
thanks a lot.
@OP - The Internal Resolution determines how much Dolphin will enhance the original GC/Wii resolution. How high you can set this is determined by your GPU. Looks like you're probably running on an old Intel IGP, which isn't strong enough to handle 1x native resolution. An HD 6570 should be able to go up to 3x IR (which is technically greater than 1080p).

SMG refers to Super Mario Galaxy. There are a handful of demanding games for both the Wii and GC. You can browse the forums or check out the wiki to see if the games you want to play require powerful machines.
(11-06-2012, 02:58 AM)gx2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2012, 02:51 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]With your current PC, you can forget Dolphin.

thanks a lot.
you're welcome ^^
Pages: 1 2