Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Good Specs For Both GC&Wii Games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok so i am just wondering if my specs will allow me to run most Gc/Wii games near perfect cause i've heard my cpu has problems with gaming and is better suited for servers Sad

CPU - AMD 8150 Bulldozer @ default 3.6 (can OC if it will help just dont wanna ruin it)
GPU - Radeon HD 7950
Ect.. - 8 gigs ramm/Windows x86

Im debating on upgrading to intel i7 cause its price is dropping pretty good if it would greatly increase overrall gaming.
Quote:Ok so i am just wondering if my specs will allow me to run most Gc/Wii games near perfect
Yes , demanding games that use LLE backend are out of the question though . Doesn't matter if you overclock that CPU or not
Quote:Im debating on upgrading to intel i7
which i7 you're talking to ?
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz and i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz are best choice for Dolphin . i7 2600k and i7 3770k are wasteful , these CPU won't give better preformance than i5 (for Dolphin) unless you're doing video editing
(11-05-2012, 02:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Ok so i am just wondering if my specs will allow me to run most Gc/Wii games near perfect
Yes , demanding games that use LLE backend are out of the question though . Doesn't matter if you overclock that CPU or not
Quote:Im debating on upgrading to intel i7
which i7 you're talking to ?
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz and i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz are best choice for Dolphin . i7 2600k and i7 3770k are wasteful , these CPU won't give better preformance than i5 (for Dolphin) unless you're doing video editing

Intel i7 3930 (pricey but overall worth it if it will let me run everything perfectly) but with my current CPU i havnt had any problems with GC games but havnt tried many Wii games but a big 1 on my list would be LOZ:SS.Gonna be a problem with my cpu? Also is the gpu im using just fine for overall gaming?
Sandy Bridge E i7 3930k is even worse than Ivy Bridge i5 3570k (Dolphin)
Overall , i7 CPU provide the same performance as i5 , i7 has Hyper Threading (HT) which is useless for Dolphin
i7 3930k HT : 6 cores 12 threads
i7 3770k HT : 4 cores 8 threads
i5 3570k no HT : 4 cores 4 threads
Dolphin only uses 2 cores + 1 core (if you have LLE backend ["Dsp_coef.bin" and "DSP_rom.bin"] and "LLE on threads" enabled)
Just buy Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz , you'll get the best performance for Dolphin
Well atm can my cpu run most games near perfect?I think i am doomed for LOZ: SS cause i could not get it to stay at full speed when running around the first town it would dip down then back up sadly Sad What games do you think like SS i will have problems with keeping full speed for the wii?

Please dont say super mario galaxy 1 and 2 Sad!
Quote:I think i am doomed for LOZ SS
Zelda SS is one of those demanding games
Right-click the game (inside Dolphin) - Select Properties - Tick "Activate Vbeam"
Quote:What games do you think like SS i will have problems with keeping full speed for the wii?
The Last Story (more demanding than SMG 1 & 2) , Pandora's Tower , Call of Duty Gamecube (the most demanding game ever lol)
Well it didnt seem to help i mean when i hold the Z button for targeting it slows down to 76 to 80%,when im walking or running around town it likes to jump up and down 85% to 99% (only get 100 when paused lol) i used most of the settings in the LOZ: SS topic as well.Guess its as good as its gonna get maybe have to wait for a bit.
Even without overclocking , i5 2500k & i5 3570k will run Zelda SS fullspeed all the time
Did you use Directx11 backend ? Try Directx9 backend http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-rad...11-backend
Quote:Zelda SS is one of those demanding games
Nowhere near Last Story aka the only game that doesn't require interpreter that drops below 20 fps quite often on my machine.
I didn't compare it to The Last Story
Pages: 1 2 3