Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can i run Zelda games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys,

I've been wanting to play some wii games lately, but im not sure if my pc handles them.
In fact, i wasnt able to play wind waker, but as far as i can remember, i could play twilight princess normally like a year ago.
Now my question to you guys is:
With these specs:

Windows 7 32bit
Intel Core i3 2.93GHz
Geforce GT 220
4G Ram

Can i play Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword?
Its weird to me that i could normally play TP back then and now, i cant even play wind waker. If there is any type of setting i should be messing with to increase FPS pleas tell me.
Which i3 processor is it exactly? 530?

Zelda WW should work fine.
Zelda TP and Zelds SS will run but not full speed
Really you should invest in a better graphics card..even for only $50 you can get better one then that
(11-05-2012, 12:26 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Which i3 processor is it exactly? 530?

Zelda WW should work fine.
Zelda TP and Zelds SS will run but not full speed

Yes, 530.
and that's the thing, as far as i remember, i could play TP just fine, and now, i cant play WW

And unfortunately, i wont be getting a new graphics card at least until christmas.
(11-05-2012, 12:40 AM)RazorFinger Wrote: [ -> ]i could play TP just fine, and now, i cant play WW

Really weird you could play Zelda TP and not Zelda WW. What's exactly your problem with Wind Waker?
Current Default Settings via Zelda WW - INI file : EFB copy to Ram
(11-05-2012, 12:47 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2012, 12:40 AM)RazorFinger Wrote: [ -> ]i could play TP just fine, and now, i cant play WW

Really weird you could play Zelda TP and not Zelda WW. What's exactly your problem with Wind Waker?

Low FPS. from 15 to 25. And, i tested TP again, and i get a stable 10 fps. Hooray.
Im not exactly sure what "deteriorated" with the time, but now i cant run either of them

Quote:Current Default Settings via Zelda WW - INI file : EFB copy to Ram
Sorry to be a noob, but what does that mean?[/quote]
(11-05-2012, 12:50 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]INI file : EFB copy to Ram

Yes you're probably right.

@RazorFinger : in your Dolphin folder go into User/GameConfig. Open your game config and search for this :

[attachment=8418]

In TextureEnable just change "false" to "true".
You'll have to deal with graphical issues though

(11-05-2012, 12:56 AM)RazorFinger Wrote: [ -> ]i tested TP again, and i get a stable 10 fps. Hooray.

Your CPU is weak for this game. You'll have to deal with low fps
(11-05-2012, 12:57 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2012, 12:50 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]INI file : EFB copy to Ram

Yes you're probably right.

@RazorFinger : in your Dolphin folder go into User/GameConfig. Open your game config and search for this :

In TextureEnable just change "false" to "true".
You'll have to deal with graphical issues though

(11-05-2012, 12:56 AM)RazorFinger Wrote: [ -> ]i tested TP again, and i get a stable 10 fps. Hooray.

Your CPU is weak for this game. You'll have to deal with low fps

Well, that worked, i get 25 FPS instead of 15, so its kinda playable. But isnt there anything else i can do? Downloading an older version, lowering resolution? Just to get a stable 30 FPS?
You could try the official Dolphin 3.0 release and the settings for best speed (just click on the link in my signature)
Pages: 1 2 3