Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Command Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I know there is a command to start image disc, but is there a command line to start with boot from a dvd drive ?

Also, can we use dolphin with more than 2 cores ?

Thanks in advance,
Rgds,
Ps: Thanks for providing us with such good emulator.
(11-03-2012, 08:59 PM)anonyme-x22 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, can we use dolphin with more than 2 cores ?
Thanks in advance,
Rgds,
Ps: Thanks for providing us with such good emulator.

Yep, Dolphin supports 3 cores when LLE on thread is enabled Wink
But if you let LLE apart then yes Dolphin uses only 2 cores unlike PCSX2 that uses 4 cores (I suppose this is what you wanted to know Big Grin)
If you made a real backup disc (i.e. you burned your disc image as an ISO) I don't know if it's possible to boot it up from the CLI. If you simply dropped the ISO onto your disc and burned it as a regular file, I assume you'd just need to specify the path normally, e.g. "Disk_Drive:\Your_Game.iso", along those lines.
Hi,

I've burned all my game, so i would like to know if there is a command like --e "h:\" that boot the burned iso.

Bug Report:
Beach Spikers: Often slowdown (50->20-30FPS), light effect on women skin weird.

Thanks in advance,
Rgds,
(11-04-2012, 04:55 AM)anonyme-x22 Wrote: [ -> ]Bug Report:
Beach Spikers: Often slowdown (50->20-30FPS), light effect on women skin weird.

This game is painfully emulated but not so long time ago it was unplayable due to control issues. It has become playable since 3.0-6XX (I don't remember which one exactly Tongue)
Like I said, you should be able to load the file with the "e" argument if you burned the ISO as a regular file to a DVD (e.g. when you open the disc in your file browser, all you should see is something like "My_Wii_Game.iso"). Dolphin should treat it as an ordinary file. If you burned the ISO to the disc as an ISO (e.g. a backup disc to play on a modded Wii) I'm not sure how you would go about doing that in Dolphin.
Try:

--exec="D:\"

Or whatever your DVD drive is called. If that doesn't work you will need to use what Shonumi said.
I don't think we support playing directly on an optical media. You could try using a path like \\.\PhysicalDriveN (with N the number corresponding to your DVD drive), but that will most likely be slow and might not work at all.

As for > 2 cores support, http://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#couldnt...-go-faster
Hi,

Tried --exec="H:\" (H is my drive letter)
Tried --exec="H:\*.*" (H is my drive letter)

Result: File specified not found

Can you please add a command line to boot a drive?
Ps: Read from dvdrom works quite good.

Thanks in advance,
Rgds,
Pages: 1 2