Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Zelda Twilight Princess Best Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys, iv been using Dolphin for almost a week now and its been amazing! i have problems on pairing up the wiimote but il post it up on another thread.

I want to talk about the [Gc] Zelda Twilight Princess game iv been enjoying.

I noticed that some parts of the game, i manage to get 100% speed but in large maps like the hyrule field, i get below 60% speed.

how can i always get 100% or maybe alittle higher?

thank you so much guys

windows 7 enterprise 64 bit
4096mb ram
direct x 11
intel ® core i5-2540m cpu 2.6ghz
hd graphics family
In game properties have you made sure that ZTP speedhack is ticked? It should probably be on by default but check anyway.
As for your specs they're OK, but not the best for running this game. I'd say that the speeds you're getting is perfectly normal and not much can be done about it other then maybe switch to EFB to Texture and turn off the sound completely to give some speed boost.

Also what build are you using?
(11-03-2012, 05:58 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]In game properties have you made sure that ZTP speedhack is ticked? It should probably be on by default but check anyway.
As for your specs they're OK, but not the best for running this game. I'd say that the speeds you're getting is perfectly normal and not much can be done about it other then maybe switch to EFB to Texture and turn off the sound completely to give some speed boost.

Also what build are you using?

Oh wow, thanks for the fast reply!
I don't know what build im using but here is the Dolphin program that i use.
oh well, if i cant speed it up il just have to deal with it! thanks!!
Well, you could try to use the official Dolphin 3.0 release and the settings for best speed (link in my signature). This will give you some FPS more, but you still won't be able to achieve 100% game speed in Hyrule field Wink
I see you're using 3.0-793 which is kinda new and only maybe a few days old. Could you try the 3.0 version and see if you get better speeds?

http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

It's right at the top under Stable versions.

I'm curious if you would get better speed with that.
This is the performance you could expect with your CPU. Not bad if you consider these are the most demanding parts of the game
Intel HD ...
You want to run Hyrule Field 100% speed with only 2.6GHz Sandy Bridge CPU ...
No settings nor Dolphin version could help you with that specs
Better get a 3.4GHz Ivy Bridge CPU + decent graphic card (desktop) if you want fullspeed everywhere + EFB to Ram for the map
(11-03-2012, 11:24 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Intel HD ...
You want to run Hyrule Field 100% speed with only 2.6GHz Sandy Bridge CPU ...
No settings nor Dolphin version could help you with that specs
Better get a 3.4GHz Ivy Bridge CPU + decent graphic card (desktop) if you want fullspeed everywhere + EFB to Ram for the map

Right in my hardware...

yeah i kinda new that before i post this thread but i have looked up some interesting youtube video and actually increased my speed quite a bit.

mainly it was just tweaking with the config option but it did increase my speed.

thanks for the help guys! i get it now Smile
Glad you got better speeds. What did you do to tweak it?
I guess, he tried the settings for best speed Wink
Pages: 1 2