Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound problem in Pokemon Colosseum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having problems with sound skipping while playing it. ive tried all the audio settings and searched for solutions on here, but could not find any working setup.
when i try using DSPLLE, it wont let me because i need to steal a file off my nonexistent wii, but i hear that is how to fix it. anyone got a solution?
Ive played xd on my actual GC but not colosseum, and i feel like space-time will fuck itself over if i dont play colosseum.
Thanks in advance
Well you CAN get the LLE files from a GC, but I don't know how + I'm sure it is much harder XD
Dang. well, i guess its time to dust off my old GC and try and find this game somewhere. or just deal with crappy sound.
Colosseum isn't entirely necessary to play if you've played XD, but it wouldn't hurt to play it.

Do you have any friends with a Wii? They might let you run the DSP dumper. It doesn't even require installing the Homebrew Channel if they don't want it. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23103

I'd also like to note that Pokémon Colosseum and XD are surprisingly demanding games in Dolphin, and LLE will make performance even worse. If your CPU can't run the game at 100% with LLE, you'll get even *choppier* sound. Checking "DSP LLE on Thread" will help, especially if you have more than two cores; "Lock Threads to Cores" may be helpful, harmful or useless depending on a number of factors, so experiment with it.
my computer can run the game at like 160% on HLE, ive been looking for a way to slow it down a tad. not sure how slow itll get with LLE, since every time i open the game with it, no matter what find i get on the internet, it crashes at the first sound output.
(11-02-2012, 11:58 AM)DarkTemplarX Wrote: [ -> ]my computer can run the game at like 160% on HLE, ive been looking for a way to slow it down a tad

Set Framelimit to 30 (or more)

(11-02-2012, 11:58 AM)DarkTemplarX Wrote: [ -> ]not sure how slow itll get with LLE, since every time i open the game with it, no matter what find i get on the internet, it crashes at the first sound output.

Do you mean Dolphin crashes or what?
Dolphin.exe has stopped working... Windows is searching for a solution...
Then i just hit cancel and it closes.
(11-02-2012, 12:27 PM)DarkTemplarX Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin.exe has stopped working... Windows is searching for a solution...
Then i just hit cancel and it closes.

An issue with your DSP dumps maybe
(11-02-2012, 11:58 AM)DarkTemplarX Wrote: [ -> ]since every time i open the game with it, no matter what find i get on the internet, it crashes at the first sound output.

This sentence is very confusing, the bolded part especially. I do not know what you mean by this "find" thing you got on the internet. What are you talking about? If you aren't clear what the issue is, we can't help you a whole lot.

It's probably as much as LordVador suggested, bad DSP dumps. Follow the guide pauldacheez linked to and make sure to follow the instructions exactly.
I search for fixes on the internet. none work. thats what it means.
It will crash at the first point the game is supposed to have audio output.
Pages: 1 2