Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Color transition in newer revisions ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

I noticed, that in newer revisions the color transitions of dark colors have a slight solarized touch ..

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4601/mustergg.jpg

I uploaded this photo to show you what I mean; compare the space and Baby Bowsers clown mashine in both pictures ..
If you could file an issue on the issue tracker ( https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/list ) making sure to list which video settings affect this and which video backends have this issue, it'd be greatly appreciated. It'd also be wonderful if you tracked down exactly which revision caused this as well (start with 3.0 and work forwards/backwards as needed), but don't sweat it if you can't.
Actually, I'm not sure if this is intended behavior. First step would be to compare this to real HW behavior.

I guess the change in the color gradient comes from more accurate gpu emulation (for example that EFB uses 6 bits instead of 8 bits for colors) and the fact that we aren't emulating dithering.

If the OP can pinpoint at which revision the color gradient changed, I could tell if it's that or a bug indeed. Without that, an issue report would be fairly useless, though.
Just to relieve some confusion from my head, the solarized touch in the newer GIT build is the correct accurate behavior right?
This "issue", or whatever it is, must have occured even before 3.0 ..

One of the oldest revisions I have in my folders was r7589, which also shows this effect ..
Did you try unchecking "Disable Pixel-Depth"?
(11-01-2012, 11:59 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try unchecking "Disable Pixel-Depth"?

I tried to check/uncheck everything related to the graphic settings so far .. nothing helped ..

Maybe it is because of my graphic card (GTX 580)
Solarized?

The term you're looking for is color banding or gradient people.