Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Twilight princess?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kjin20

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get twilight princess to run smoothly, without too much slowdown in big areas, I'm guessing. It seems to run perfectly fine in smaller areas of the game, however something like the first village slows down quite a bit.

info:

Windows vista
Processor/CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600
Video Card/GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
Memory/RAM: 3070 MB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0 793

I found an optimal speed settings thread, and I haven't tried the settings yet, I just want to make sure it won't mess up my PC. I apologize, I'm new to this. I heard 'overclocking' can be dangerous for overheating. It's this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

how do I find out if it's overheating/etc, or if it will?

I know you guys get a billion of these threads, I'll do my best to try to follow your advice, but I'm not entirely PC savy, so please give concise instructions on where to find stuff if I need to post more info/try something. I appreciate it.
CPU bottleneck
Overclock to 3.2GHz , Zelda GC TW will run fullspeed but you will still getting slowdown at Hyrule Field
Anyway , you'll need a better CPU if you want to run this game fullspeed with a proper map (EFB to Ram)

kjin20

(10-31-2012, 02:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU bottleneck
Overclock to 3.2GHz , Zelda GC TW will run fullspeed but you will still getting slowdown at Hyrule Field
Anyway , you'll need a better CPU if you want to run this game fullspeed with a proper map (EFB to Ram)

Thanks for the response. How can I find out if I can overclock my machine without damaging it? What is it that I'm looking to find out specifically?
Google is your friend , just google "Q6600 overcloking"
Make sure you have a decent cooling setup and your motherboard must support overclocking
Since you know nothing about overclocking , you should invest new CPU (i5 3570k) , mobo(Asrock Z77) , Ram (DDR3) , PSU (500W 80 plus) , CPU heatsink (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo) , Thermal Compound (Arctic MX-4)