Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any way to make SSX Tricky run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Verzhus

Hey All,

As per the rules I am running the following..

a) Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3GHz / 16 GB of ram / ATI Radeon HD 7970 / Windows 7 x64

b) Dolphin 3.0-793-dirty

c) Dolphin settings are default have had no need to change them yet..

d) Run SSX Tricky for GC without it looking like a train wreck.

So obviously new around here.. but after working with this really well designed emulator I am very impressed. Virtually all the games I have run across have worked rather well except for SSX tricky which makes me a little sad as I quite enjoyed the over the top nature of that one.

Basically I need to know if there are any settings I could change to allow it to run properly as right now it does not display the intro ( seems to have the same issue as SSX3 ) which is unfortunate but even when I get into the menu I find it is extremely laggy and the audio is skipping and stuttering.

I did google the problem and followed some of the suggestions from the dolphin wikipedia but unfortunately no positive results and then I searched this forum and found the answer to SSX 3 but not tricky. So what I need to know is what settings I need for it to run smoothly or if I should just give up on this one and call it a loss.

Thank you for your time.
The wiki for this game, http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=SSX_Tricky , says you need to disable (enable? Idk) Skip EFB Access from CPU and use Real XFB for proper graphics.

Verzhus

(10-31-2012, 12:10 PM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]The wiki for this game, http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=SSX_Tricky , says you need to disable (enable? Idk) Skip EFB Access from CPU and use Real XFB for proper graphics.

Thank you so much for the quick response.. yeah as mentioned I went through and checked the wiki page like to do some research before I take up other peoples time.. but you mentioning it again did force me to hammer through it doing some basic trial and error so thanks haha

And I found the problem is with..

External Frame Buffer - Real

Whenever I had this enabled and started SSX the whole emu just crashed out I turn it off and it seems to function like SSX 3 no intro but the game is responding ALOT better at the menu. Odd thing being tried it with this buffer "on" in a couple other games such as SSX 3 and no crash.

So its running thats awesome.. any idea why the buffer would be recommended on the wiki but crash mine? cause I am running 64 bit or a different build of dolphin? or could it be the iso I am dealing with? cause if there is a way I could get that opening video ( its dumb but it makes me smile ) and or the other cut scene's working would be so much nicer..

EDIT: Just did a quick play through.. speed seems fine but on LLE reompiler audio is stuttering like crazy.. gonna try interpreter

EDIT 2: Okay thats just worse haha.. seems to slow the game down quite a bit anything suggestions?
Stuttering on LLE happens when your CPU ain't beefy enough to run the game at 100% speed. Check "DSP LLE on Thread" if you haven't already, as that helps with performance. If you still get stuttering, either overclock your CPU (the 2500K can run basically any game in Dolphin when overclocked to 4.6 GHz as long as you have proper cooling) or, if you can't overclock, there's a lovely trick that you can do that makes audio run at full-speed while the game itself still runs at <100% – disable Idle Skipping (no checkmark) and enable Accurate VBeam Emulation (checkmark, not square) in the game's properties (right-click on the game > Properties).
His CPU will be "beefy" enough to use LLE if he overclocks.
But even with that he'll get sound issues because this game has sound issues EVEN with LLE