Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin running slowly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nissansupragtr

So I though I had a pretty good rig, considering the 4890 was the best of the best not too long ago. For some reason I still get slowdown on Skyward Sword and can't maintain 30 fps. I have my PC settings at "High Performance" and all the appropriate settings for skyward sword based on the wiki. Even running the game 1280x720 results in slowdown. Is this to be expected based on my CPU? I've been reading that 2.7 Ghz might not be enough...
CPU bottleneck , you can't play Zelda SS fullspeed with Phenom II @ 3.4GHz , Phenom II @ 2.7GHz is out of the question . Of course , your GPU is fine

nissansupragtr

(10-29-2012, 08:14 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU bottleneck , you can't play Zelda SS fullspeed with Phenom II @ 3.4GHz , Phenom II @ 2.7GHz is out of the question . Of course , your GPU is fine

Wow that's just plain sad. I built this rig recently and it's maxed out most PC games, but dolphin is killing it. One thing I haven't done is OC...

Your CPU is not nearly as good as you think it is. It won't be able to run SS full speed.
PC gaming -> GPU power
Emulation -> CPU power
Dolphin uses 2 cores + 1 core (if "LLE on threads" is enabled) , Phenom II single-threaded performance is abit slower than Core 2 duo / Core 2 Quad (Of course ,Phenom II x6 multi-threaded performance will rape Core 2 Quad ) that's why you get poor performance with Dolphin

nissansupragtr

Thanks for the information guys. I'll have to seriously consider intel for my next build if it's the only thing that runs dolphin well...
For Dolphin, new Intel CPUs are definitely the best choice.

The best choice is atm the Core i5-3570k.