Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin quits to desktop randomly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, and girls.
As you can see I'm new here, and was hoping you could lend me a hand.
I got dolphin today, made the necessary configurations as per the wiki page, and booted up the legend of zelda twilight princess.
The game runs beautifully without any sort of graphical issue.
The registration asked for my specs, but I don't know if they will show on my signature or something so here they are:

AMD 3670K @3.30Ghz OC
Sapphire HD6670 DDR3
Kingston Hyper X blu 8gb 1333mhz
Windows 7 Professional X64.

However while playing Dolphin just... quit. Both the emulator and the emulated screen.
It was as if I had alt+tab'd to my desktop. There was no crash report, or any sort of game stuttering or freeze, nothing.

The only thing that happened in my computer was a loss of internet signal since I checked that my oovoo had lost connection, and so did my utorrent. I couldn't find any information about dolphin conflicting with other programs, but hence why I am here.

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks for your time!
What are your settings?
(10-29-2012, 04:14 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]What are your settings?

Exactly the same settings shown on the WIKI performance article.
http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...ance_guide
Does it crash in the same place every time or is it truly random?
(10-29-2012, 04:18 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Does it crash in the same place every time or is it truly random?

let me get back to you on that real quick.
(10-29-2012, 04:23 AM)Erick Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2012, 04:18 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Does it crash in the same place every time or is it truly random?

let me get back to you on that real quick.

Well it didn't happen at the same place, it didn't happen at all.
HOWEVER. This is happening now.
This is not my game, but it is the exact same corruption

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2656/lozbug.png
Set EFB Copies to RAM to fix that.
RAM is more demanding though.

As for your issue, that sometimes happens.
If it doesn't happen all the time at the same location, then it's normal.
(10-29-2012, 04:57 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Set EFB Copies to RAM to fix that.
RAM is more demanding though.

As for your issue, that sometimes happens.
If it doesn't happen all the time at the same location, then it's normal.

Is there a reason why it did not happen the first times I ran the game though?
It's a random crash that depends on a lot of stuff that might not even relate to the game your running, or maybe it is just one weird situation that does it that you can't pinpoint in testing.
(10-29-2012, 05:34 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]It's a random crash that depends on a lot of stuff that might not even relate to the game your running, or maybe it is just one weird situation that does it that you can't pinpoint in testing.

Yeah, it's starting to be really irritating, apparently it happens after 10 minutes of gameplay. I really don't know where to start to find out what the possible cause might be.
Is your overclock stable? Have you tested it with Prime95?
Pages: 1 2