Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin's Logo - Changes for 4.0????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, sorry to bother you...

I woke up this morning thinking about Dolphin, the future 4.0 release and the logo.

Back early last year when I was a lurker here there was this thread for discussing eventual logo changes for the upcoming 3.0 release ( http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=15971 )

Some of the ideas and contributions were pretty awesome in that thread.
Any plans changing logo for 4.0????

I'm just curious and just asking and don't want to get in trouble or be bothersome with this.

It would be really nice to see new logos and icons for the future release, 4.0 deserves something extra don't you think Big Grin
I guess it depends on the logo :3
A fresh new GUI would be nice too.
Yep, but first of all it's necessary to find somone who is able to create a nice new GUI Tongue
Doesnt have to be a new GUI, just more skins to choose from but yeah, wonder who's gonna have the time to do that Smile
Oh... I guess it's only logical to freshen up the GUI as well if new logos and icons were to be created.
Personally the GUI is pretty nice and clean as it is, have been since way way back when I started using it (r3972 + Wind Waker FTW!!!)

I haven't really tried or used any new releases of Dolphin since the 7719M release when I last played Skyward Sword back last year but according to what I have read in the Google code pages, especially issue 5237 there is gonna be some feature removals, that could be classified as refreshing the GUI I guess. But cleanup is probably a better way putting it.

Anyway, this might not be top priority and I understand that the main importance is stability and releasing a solid version.
But I really thought some of the contributions in that other thread were really beautiful, I hope we're gonna have something new for 4.0

In other news: Devs are bored and only delay 4.0 for the sake of it Tongue

No new logo is planned.
OK, well it's not the end of the world I guess. It's better with a 4.0 release and the old logos then no release at all.
Anyone ofc is welcome to propose new logo, but for my taste none of the suggestions so far are really satisfying. Some of them are nice & good, but actually using them would be more of a "change for the sake of changing" thing than anything else. Not sure what the other devs think about this, most of them likely don't care at all.
Three steps need to be completed in order to do this:
1. Get someone to design the GUI
2. Get someone to actually care enough to make it
3. Get the devs to approve and commit it

It is unlikely that any changes will make it through all three steps.
Pages: 1 2