Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Make improvements in the audio to Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DJ Ari1080

Hello, My name ari1080, and I'm from chile.

And I make this topic to say that I have a question regarding the audio on the emulator, but rather as a report, for me is important, do not need to have very good hearing to find this detail that I have found.

Wandering about games like (and I've tried several emulators dolphin, beta or original):

-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Soul Calibur 2

I noticed that in the audio not heard the echoes. Is the emulator fails or I have something misconfigured?, Because as I said, I've tried many configurations and various emulators and do not think the problem is mine.

To realize that, here's a video of the game SSBM, recorded from the same console gamecube.

As you can see, when Mario flies off screaming, I can hear the echo. (Listen up!). And that's not all. There are more echoes in various parts of the game but not heard in the emulator.

Minute: 0:41 - 0:45 (Mario Eco)

In the game Soul Calibur 2, Inside a cave echo should be heard in the voices, and the emulator is not heard.

Is it a failure of the emulator? Can you fix?, I have seen several home videos youtube playing SSBM in dolphin and have noticed the same problem.

Thanks for reading my report. Wink
Are you using HLE or LLE audio? LLE should not have these issues.

DJ Ari1080

He was using HLE audio, but I got LLE and fails to start the game, so not to do.

I says:

Failed to load DSP ROM: / USER / GC / dsp_rom.bin

This file is required for using DSP LLE
Not included with Dolphin because it contains copyrighted data.

You can use the DSP engine HLE, which does not require removing the ROM.

Failed to initialize DSP emulator!
You need to dump the LLE files off of your Wii that it asked for in that little pop up window. That will give you nearly perfect sound (only RE games have problems that I know of).