Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Few General Questions about Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok so it's cheaper to DIY then :-) I'm happy to play with default settings but would just like to stop the slowdown, would I still need to OC? I'm not the gamer I used to be, only play now and then so not too bothered about enhanced features, fullscreen, etc. Even the sound going a bit wrong in WindWaker isn't bothering me at all.
(10-27-2012, 06:29 AM)turingpest Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why overclocking would be necessary for the GC games listed? Surely they'd run perfectly on a decent stock-clocked Sandy/Ivy Bridge set-up?

Probably but not with OP's system :
Quote:Intel i5-2467M @ 1.6GHz

(10-27-2012, 06:31 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, but even some GC games may need a little bit overclocked CPU. But not the games mentionned in the first post.

Actually Ocarina of Time may need an overclock. This game is painfully emulated and you have to deal with crappy sound without LLE

(10-28-2012, 09:36 PM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]would I still need to OC?

You really should. Not sure it will be enough though. However you should get decent speed in SMS and Zelda WW
Pages: 1 2 3