Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Few General Questions about Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-26-2012, 04:02 AM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks for the info it's a great help. Would this allow me to play any GC without slowdown or just certain ones? Would I need a graphics card in addition to the MoBo/CPU?

An overclocked 3570k will run all games full speed (or close to).
You'll need a graphic card of course. 6870 for example is a good choice Big Grin. 560ti will do the job too
(10-26-2012, 04:02 AM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]Would this allow me to play any GC without slowdown or just certain ones?

Should be able to play all (unless they need interpreter or something XD)

(10-26-2012, 04:02 AM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]Would I need a graphics card in addition to the MoBo/CPU?

You probably should get one.
Yeah, see, I know nothing when it comes to PC gaming! Blush I wasn't sure if built in GPU would be good enough, I suppose it's obvious really.

I've no idea about overclocking, other than it's potentially dangerous. I've only ever had pre-built systems, so buying a new MoBo/CPU is an adventure for me Big Grin Would there be much increase price-wise for a setup that can handle GC games without OC?

What reader do I need for GC discs to be able to be used directly? Do you need a stronger setup?
(10-26-2012, 04:40 AM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]What reader do I need for GC discs to be able to be used directly?

You can't, but you can dump the disc then write it to a new one and play it XD
oh I thought you could use the original discs. LordVador said they can but GC discs require a compatible reader.
Excellent thanks for the links
(10-26-2012, 04:40 AM)sl23 Wrote: [ -> ]I've no idea about overclocking, other than it's potentially dangerous. I've only ever had pre-built systems, so buying a new MoBo/CPU is an adventure for me Big Grin Would there be much increase price-wise for a setup that can handle GC games without OC?

There are two options here:

a) Get a pre/factory-overclocked CPU+MoBo bundle (which is still technically overclocked) which will add a lot to the price.

b) Donate $500000000 to intel and ask them to make you a CPU which has the same IPS at stock clocks as an i5 3570K @4.3GHz in return for the donation. This, too, is rather expensive.

Your best option is to do it yourself, as it saves you money and carries very little risk as long as you are reasonably careful.
Not sure why overclocking would be necessary for the GC games listed? Surely they'd run perfectly on a decent stock-clocked Sandy/Ivy Bridge set-up?
Yep, but even some GC games may need a little bit overclocked CPU. But not the games mentionned in the first post.
Pages: 1 2 3