Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: sugerencia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bismarc123

would you please add an option to play nintendo ds emulators dolphin because there are not good for a comparison of dolphin that is fast and can extend the game screen that is the problem pricipal there by widening the screen image is blurry
LOLWUT

I think he wants to run DS emulators (Desmume probably) on Dolphin. I'm not sure that it's even possible to run homebrew apps like that on Dolphin. At any rate, the screen will still look "blurry" because of the way Desmume stretches the screen. On a Wii, on your computer, or on Dolphin, it won't make a difference when you're enlarging two screens that are only 256x192. Also, an emulator within an emulator isn't really going to be good performance-wise, especially with Desmume's CPU interpreter.
Yea, it looks like he likes the features of dolphin that Desume cannot do and would like to have the option with ds games. Unfortunately that request is extreme. If anything, he should be contacting the developers of Desume instead.
Actually, the Desmume devs would probably just tell the OP to contact the people who ported it to the Wii Big Grin Your best bet to reduce the "blurry" looks of the DS screens when changing their sizes is simply to change the scaling filter (bilinear filtering is pretty bad imo for DS games). This is called the Magnification Filter in Desmume; change it to HQ2Xs and you'll probably be happy with the results. Running natively Desmume like this is easier than trying to do the same in Dolphin using the Desmume Wii port.
Oh wow, I was unaware there was a Desume port to the Wii via homebrew. That is actually kinda cool although I wonder how the video quality would be. Does it just stretch or upscale the low res? That sounds like it would be painful to look at.

Nvm just youtubed some videos. It looks like it doesnt run very well and from what I could tell the video quality did not look at distorted as I expected.
It runs extremely slow because it has to run in interpreter mode XD