Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Option to Disable Backround Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing Mario Sunshine and a glitch occurred where the background music stopped, all I could hear was the ocean waves and seagulls which was a lot nicer to hear once you get annoyed of the constant same music in the background.

Would you guys see if it's possible to make an option to disable background music?

Smile

Don't make two threads next time.

1. Try unchecking DTK under the DSP settings. I have no idea if this will work (probably not) as I don't know entirely what it does.
2. Manually edit the iso.

EDIT: my bad, the thread was just moved.
(10-24-2012, 11:07 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't make two threads next time.

1. Try unchecking DTK under the DSP settings. I have no idea if this will work (probably not) as I don't know entirely what it does.
2. Manually edit the iso.

EDIT: my bad, the thread was just moved.

1 Doesn't work
2. extracting ISO works but when I recreate the ISO, Dolphin doesn't recognize the game anymore, do I need special tools to recreate the ISO?

edit:

I found a tool to rebuild the ISO, I'll try messing with the files, I'll report any results.
It worked! Big Grin

Sounds therapeutic to me.

(also check out my zelda vid on my youtube page for lols..)

After playing for a few minutes without the background music my headaches went away, now I know why I had them.

How to do it:

1. go to your folder options and uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" search the internet if you don't know how
2. create a new text file, the text file should read "New Text Document.txt" rename the whole text to wScene_1.aw
3. download the attached GCTool program
4. extract and run the GCTool
5. click "File" and "Open", find your game ISO
3. on the right hand side where it says "Structure" open the folders in following order GCMRoot\AudioRes\Banks you'll see many files
4. right click on "wScene_1.aw" and click "Replace File" find your wScene_1.aw file from step 2 and click "Open"
5. a screen will pop up, click yes
6. go to "File" and click "Close GC.."
7. that's it, just load the game

This is only for Delfino Plaza. There might be easier ways to do it but this works for me.

Enjoy!