Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom Robo Freze Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ARSnell

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot, or if someone else already had this problem, so forgive me if I'm repeating a topic.

I recently downloaded Dolphin 3.0 and acquired the Custom Robo ISO. As I play through the game, I come across a few minor errors (sometimes the BGM jumbles together and enters a loop, but I usually play with the computer muted anyway), but without fail, the game will freeze on me.

Here are the graphic settings I have:
General -> OpenGL, everything else unchecked
Enhancements -> Internal Resolution at 1x Native, no Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering at 1x, Post-Processing off, Scaled EFB checked off, rest unchecked
Hacks -> Unchanged (default settings): External Buffer disabled, Fast Mipmaps and "Disable Per-Pixel Depth" checked

Not sure if its a graphic error or a processing error on my computer's part (laptop specs are in my signature). I'd appreciate any help I could get figuring this out. I love this game and want to keep playing it, but not if it keeps locking up like this.
Have a look here http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...Revolution . It should help you.

Try to disable ONLY Dual Core. It should be enough. If it's still crashing make a lot of saves.

Btw this game works fine with older revisions. Not recommended but you might wanna try this

ARSnell

(10-24-2012, 03:09 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Have a look here http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...Revolution . It should help you.

Try to disable ONLY Dual Core. It should be enough. If it's still crashing make a lot of saves.

Btw this game works fine with older revisions. Not recommended but you might wanna try this

See, this is why I need to look around more before I ask questions. Tongue

Good news is that it didn't crash this time. The bad news is that now I'm facing a degrading speed issue. I'll look into getting 2.0 to see if that makes any difference.
(10-24-2012, 03:16 AM)ARSnell Wrote: [ -> ]The bad news is that now I'm facing a degrading speed issue. I'll look into getting 2.0 to see if that makes any difference.

One thing : you should be able to use DX9 with 2.0

ARSnell

(10-24-2012, 03:24 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2012, 03:16 AM)ARSnell Wrote: [ -> ]The bad news is that now I'm facing a degrading speed issue. I'll look into getting 2.0 to see if that makes any difference.

So far my laptop has been able to handle running the ISOs using OpenGL, unless you're recommending I try using DX9?
On Windows, DX9 tends to run faster than either DX11 or OpenGL. This depends on the game and your drivers, you'll have to test it out yourself to decide which is better.
(10-24-2012, 03:37 AM)ARSnell Wrote: [ -> ]

So far my laptop has been able to handle running the ISOs using OpenGL, unless you're recommending I try using DX9?

DX9 is usually faster than OpenGL so you should use DX9 by default. Unless a game needs OpenGL specifically.
For this game OpenGL seems to be required to get the game to work in "recent" revisions (it seems to work with DX11 too). But in older revisions DX9 should work if I remember correctly.
Anyway as I said before older revisions aren't recommended so try to use Dolphin 3.0 and recent builds (3.0-XXX). Use older revisions in last resort

ARSnell

(10-24-2012, 03:42 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]On Windows, DX9 tends to run faster than either DX11 or OpenGL. This depends on the game and your drivers, you'll have to test it out yourself to decide which is better.

Well, I switched over to Dolphin 2.0, but I'm still getting some speed problems for the game. Its running at 30 FPS on average. Is this normal? I haven't made any adjustments in the graphic settings.
(10-24-2012, 03:48 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2012, 03:37 AM)ARSnell Wrote: [ -> ]

DX9 is usually faster than OpenGL so you should use DX9 by default. Unless a game needs OpenGL specifically.
For this game OpenGL seems to be required to get the game to work in "recent" revisions (it seems to work with DX11 too). But in older revisions DX9 should work if I remember correctly.
Anyway as I said before older revisions aren't recommended so try to use Dolphin 3.0 and recent builds (3.0-XXX). Use older revisions in last resort

Aaah, I see. Well, back over to 3.0 then. XD Thanks for the help; if I run into more problems I'll let you know.
(10-24-2012, 03:50 AM)ARSnell Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I switched over to Dolphin 2.0, but I'm still getting some speed problems for the game. Its running at 30 FPS on average. Is this normal? I haven't made any adjustments in the graphic settings.

Don't forget Single Core is logically slower than Dual Core.

Moreover your processor might simply be a little slow

(10-24-2012, 03:50 AM)ARSnell Wrote: [ -> ]Aaah, I see. Well, back over to 3.0 then. XD Thanks for the help; if I run into more problems I'll let you know.

Yeah no problem. Always glad to help