Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Connecting 3 to 4 Wii-Motes = Slowdown?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Totday I wanted to play Mario Party 9 with some friends ..
We connected 3 Wii-Motes to the PC and we wanted to record the gameplay with Fraps ..

Of course I made some capturing-tests before and I got 50fps permanent (PAL50 Mode)..

When we started to record today, in some parts of the game, the framerate got down to 40 - 45 frames, so the game slowed down ..

My question:
Is this caused trought the connecting of the 3 Wii-Motes??
It's normal with Dolphin . Multi-player need more CPU power , that's it
crap ..
admin89 is right. You'd probably see the same thing happen even if you used emulated Wiimotes via joysticks or the keyboard.
I did some benchmark here
Then we better use the real Wii console + HD PVR Hauppauge Wink

Thx anyway Big Grin
(10-24-2012, 12:40 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I did some benchmark here

It seems we both play Mario games mostly, so I could give you some tips:

- Use PAL games and uncheck "enable PAL60" (Most games then run with native 50fps, if you would just limit the framerate to 50fps then the game itself will be slower

- Although it is unwanted here to advise people to use older revisions, you should use r6546 (In my opinion, this revision is one of the best to emulate Mario games fast and accurate .. You could also use r3.0-784 .. This is the first revision after a LONG periode of tme that is running amazingly fast and accurate .. )

- Some games are not only very hungry of CPU power, in some parts of any game also much of GPU power, so you try to turn down your internal resolution and perhabps uncheck Antialiasing-Mode ..

After all I have to say, that all I know about dolphin is by testing it myself (I don't know how this programm works or how it is programmed) and I'm one of the kind, that is much more after speed than accuracy ..
Just overclock your CPU to 3.6GHz , Mario Party 9 should run fine