Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What kinda of quality with this setup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

oblivioncth

Hey guys,

This is my first time using Dolphin in 3 years and I have a MUCH better machine that I used to. I haven't tried any games yet (but I specifically want to play Super Mario Sunshine), but I was wondering if people more familiar with dolphin could give me an idea of how far I could go with things like AA, AS, Resolution, etc., with my setup (I know some of what I list isn't needed but I OCD over it not feeling more complete lol):

CPU: Intel 3770K @4.2GHz
Mobo: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
RAM: G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz
GPU: Sapphire 11200-01-20G AMD 7850 OC @920MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS drive: Intel 520 Cherryville 120GB SSD
Games Drive (this has Dolphin on it): A 2nd Intel 520 Cherryville 120GB SSD

Also if there are any settings I should change for this setup.

Thanks.
That machine will run anything full speed with 4x IR, 16x AF and some AA. If you have speed issues, try setting setting texcache to "safe" to bring your GPU out of idle state (or do whatever else is needed as is talked about in the 7000 series thread about bad performance).

That is waaaaaaaaay overkill for SMS.
Quote:If you have speed issues, try setting setting texcache to "safe" to bring your GPU out of idle state

If I recall that only works for geforce 600 series GPUs.

oblivioncth

(10-22-2012, 09:25 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]That machine will run anything full speed with 4x IR, 16x AF and some AA. If you have speed issues, try setting setting texcache to "safe" to bring your GPU out of idle state (or do whatever else is needed as is talked about in the 7000 series thread about bad performance).

That is waaaaaaaaay overkill for SMS.

Lol, I didn't build this just for SMS. I have had this for about 2 months now and I suddenly remembered Dolphin's existence and how my old machine didn't run SMS too well, so I figured I'd try again.

Thanks for the input
(10-22-2012, 09:33 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If you have speed issues, try setting setting texcache to "safe" to bring your GPU out of idle state

If I recall that only works for geforce 600 series GPUs.

I thought I read that it worked for both.

Have fun with SMS!