Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Opening and closing Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Anyone have the same problem?
Example:
i open dolphin , play a game and all is ok ..(ex. 50 fps)
then i close dolphin, i re-open and the same game with the same setting run at 25 fps !
then i re-close and re-open , play a game and all return to normality (50 fps)
and so on ....
you know why?HuhHuh
Uh, I've never had that problem. However, what happens to me often is that the settings I had set five minutes ago were not properly saved when Dolphin had exited so I fire it up again I notice a weird change in framerates. Check your settings each time you start Dolphin to make sure they were the same that you set last time.
If I run the emulator and open a game, play it, end it, then open a second game, Dolphin crashes with an OpenGL error ~90% of the time...

Seems like weird stuff goes on when a second game is run after opening the application.
i think it may have something to do with cpu usage or memory, ive had the same problem playing zelda twilight princess (gamecube version)

tip: in the start menu, press run, then type msconfig and press enter. now click the startup tab, and untick everything u dont need running when windows starts. this should free up alot of cpu and memory Smile
(07-15-2009, 02:31 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]i think it may have something to do with cpu usage or memory, ive had the same problem playing zelda twilight princess (gamecube version)

tip: in the start menu, press run, then type msconfig and press enter. now click the startup tab, and untick everything u dont need running when windows starts. this should free up alot of cpu and memory Smile

Dude i haven't thought of that for running dolphin... im an idiot >.< XD thanks for jogging my memory though

Edit: nvm i was thinking of the visual effects windows has... i think both will help though ^^
(07-15-2009, 02:31 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]i think it may have something to do with cpu usage or memory

I don't think so. I have 8GB of RAM and a quad core CPU (running at 2.83 GHz).

Haven't experienced lag since the day I purchased this PC.
its probably just a bug in dolphin. 3789 seems to run pretty smoothly.
(07-15-2009, 02:11 AM)Gleasonator Wrote: [ -> ]If I run the emulator and open a game, play it, end it, then open a second game, Dolphin crashes with an OpenGL error ~90% of the time...

Seems like weird stuff goes on when a second game is run after opening the application.

Most likely some bug in Dolphin, or some bug in your graphics card's drivers.
(07-15-2009, 09:13 AM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]or some bug in your graphics card's drivers.

That could very well be. I've been having issues with Windows returning from sleep mode as well (display driver crashes then recovers).

I'll try the latest build and see if there are any issues, and will also check for driver updates. Thanks. Smile
(07-15-2009, 09:56 AM)Gleasonator Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2009, 09:13 AM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]or some bug in your graphics card's drivers.

That could very well be. I've been having issues with Windows returning from sleep mode as well (display driver crashes then recovers).

I'll try the latest build and see if there are any issues, and will also check for driver updates. Thanks. Smile

Do you have an nVIDIA card or an ATI card? If you have an ATI card it's actually a good idea to stay with Catalyst 9.3 because all of the drivers after 9.3 have been causing a memory leak with Dolphin. With nVIDIA cards, AFAIK, you should just upgrade to the latest drivers.

Oh, and of course, see how a newer build of Dolphin works out for you.