Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Zero crash when opening map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

GamerOuTLaWz

Hi everyone,Im new to these forums and into emulation in general but I have been using Dolphin 3.0 for a month now. I went through RE:Remake with no real issues except occasional crashes but I kept my game saved using Auto-saves so I could always resume from where it crashed in 5 secs by re-launching Dolphin.

Now my case is a bit worse: I've started playing RE:0 after completing the previous title but now not only the emulator crashes sometimes through 30-45mins of playtime but the game also crashes if I try to pick up/open the map.

At first I thoughtI would make it through the game without a map but now Im stuck in a scene after a few cutscene where you see Wesker and a scientific talk, then Rebecca falls through a hole and after that when it goes back to the game it forces you to look at the map to go save rebecca so my game instantly crashes no matter what.. I looked on google for a fix and it seems Im the only one with a map issue.

Im using Dolphin 3.0 on a Intel quad core 2.66ghz
8go RAM
GTX 570
windows7 x64

both RE:remake and zero are running perfectly at 32 fps and 60 when opening doors so I really dont know what can cause the map option to crash
This may or may not be the issue, but the first thing you need to do is play the game without using savestates at all and see if the issue persists. The only way to truly do this would be to start the game over and use the in-game saves only.

GamerOuTLaWz

Thank you for the quick reply,I admit I never bothered with in-game save method since quicksaves are faster but Ill try. Theres a map you can pick up early so Ill be able to post feedbacks soon

EDIT: HELL YES! It worked! I still havent saved but I have reached the first map and I was able to pick it off the wall and access the menu without crashing. thank you!

also,it seems like the game is more stable