Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i need to overclock it ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i'm going to buy a new pc with intel 2500k and a video card gtx 550
and my question is do i have to overclock it to play dolphin ?
thx
ah and the mobo will be an asrock
How far you overclock if at all relies on the games you want to play. I would recommend a good 4 GHz overclock to play almost all games full speed with LLE audio. If you want to play all games full speed, including demanding ones like Super Mario Galaxy and The Last Story, I recommend you overclock to 4.4 or 4.5 GHz.
4.4Ghz are enough in most cases Wink
(10-15-2012, 06:08 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]4.4Ghz are enough in most cases Wink

I always like a bit of wiggle room tho.
4.0GHz are enough except for TLS Big Grin
Yeah, I forgot the VBeam trick Rolleyes
Lets not forget temperature
Ok so it will be overclocking thanks all i saw a other topic about this after i made this post but didn't know how to delete thanks
If you manage to overclock it you need to get a program to monitor the temperature of the CPU and GPU, specially when in-game.

RivaTuner (the one i use) and HWiNFO are good programs to monitor the temperature in-game, they tend to be picky and a pain in the a$$ to get it working if you use 64-bit though.

To get it working in 64-bit you need to use another program called "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider".
Or you could just use prime95 to stress test it while running realtemp or coretemp (for cpu temp monitoring) and GPUz (for GPU temp monitoring). That's what every sane person does.