Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I'm having a difficult time with dolphin...can somebody help me plsss???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi there...im just new to dolphin emulation and im really having a bad time, im playing harvest moon:animal parade on wii emulation...when the game starts up, my fps is between 40-60 but when the "gameplay" and "cut scenes" arrived my fps would drastically drop down to 5-30...and i can't even play continuously because of the lag Sad
these are the specs of my laptop:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
graphic card: GEforce 610m (latest driver)

im really sorry for the long post, but i just wanted t know if im wasting my time trying to figure out what's wrong with my emulation...i even tried searching on the net and nothing helped at all (T.T)...can someone plsssssssss help me???
Nothing wrong , your CPU is not good enough for this game
Nvidia GT 610M = Nvidia GT 520M which is slow
Try Dolphin 3.0 (without any number behind it ) and Settings for best speed
thank you for the quick reply...im using dolphin 3.0,and i looked at the link you gave me sadly that is my settings right now (T.T)...looks like i have to buy a new graphic card even though it's still new...thanks again for your time and information Smile
GPUs have close to zero influence on Dolphin performance, usually. You'll need a new CPU instead, but since you're on a laptop I guess you're out of luck. But, you know, there's still the option of playing the game on your Wii.
Quote:looks like i have to buy a new graphic card
For your desktop ?
Laptop GPU is soldered on the motherboard , you can't replace it . Only some high-end gaming laptop use "real graphic card"
(o_O) i definitely don't know that ... should have bought a better laptop (-_-")...my desktop is busted right now, it probably overheated and some components got toast, cause it suddenly shut down while im working on my stupid finals...then it wont open anymore (T.T)...can you count "alienware" as a gaming laptop???
Alienware is overpriced , extremely heavy . Even if i was rich , i wouldn't buy them
Asus G55VW / G75VW , Ava Clevo w110er , MSI G Series , Sager ... are much better choice
you're definitely right, i just checked on the price at the net together with my dad, he paused and told me " don't go to school anymore and i'll probably buy you that " (-_-")...thanks for the suggestions i'll look it up right now...yourrrrrr aaaa reeeaaaalllllyyyyy biggggg helpppppp (^_^)
Yo, screw school and get a new PC. Big Grin
hahahah XD trust me i was tempted to say that XD...by the way i already found a solution on playing dolphin emulator while having a smooth gameplay with out lag (or minimized lag)
follow these steps:
1: download game booster 3 (google search)
2:go to this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-XxsJOWH...re=related
3:after you restart you pc do these steps next
3.1: run you dolphin emulator
3.2: go to task manager (ctrl+alt+delete)
3.3: got to processes tab..its right next to the applications tab
3.4: then click "show process from all users"
3.5: then go find dolphin emulator at the list of processes
3.6: right click on it and change the PRIORITY to HIGH
3.7: after that use your GAME BOOSTER
3.8: TRY PLAYING AGAIN...if it doesn't work try using GAME BOOSTER first then close the dolphin application and do the steps 3.1-3.6

reply if it works or not...cause it definitely solved my issues
Pages: 1 2