Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: emulator doesn't open after being closed or crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

the-game-master

This problem is really bothering me and I was wondering if it happened to anyone else, I haven't found a solution through Google and if someone posted this before or if this is in the wrong thread, I'm sorry. I usually can get the emulator running fine until it crashes or I close it, afterward it tends to not want to open back up, it either tries to open but is never heard from or a typical windows error message pops up, stating that it stopped working. I usually just unzip everything that's not in a folder and replace the EXE and that seems to work sometimes, then again it might be coincidence, sometimes it doesn't work and I end up having to restart my computer entirely, which I don't want to do. By what I can tell, when Dolphin crashes or is closed, something might still be running and I don't know what, it might sometimes close itself out once the dolphin.exe isn't there, however, I'm not sure about this, has anyone else had this kind of problem?
What builds are you using?

the-game-master

(10-08-2012, 01:55 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]What builds are you using?

the build I have seems to be x64 v3.0-766, judging by the name of the 7z file.
Also having the same issue one one got a solution yet? its very irritating.