Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.0-766 shows more crystal-like graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hello all,

I have been using Dolphin 3.0-766 for quite a while, I feel that its game graphics are crystal-like and enjoyable ( some 3D graphic engines have such kind of crystal-like effect, while some others don't, that is, everything in game looks especially clear and detailed, like a LCD picture compared to a CRT picture ).

however, when I downloaded Dolphin 3.0-775 and gave it a try, I found that that crystal-like graphic effect is weaken. When both versions' internal resolutions are set to "1x Native" and the game windows are maximized( not full screen ), Dolphin 3.0-775's game screen is more blurred( compared to 3.0-766 ) and therefore the Wii games look less attractive to me.

I really appreciate the previous crystal-like game graphics and wish it would continue to exist, or at least we could have an option to choose it, is it possible?

1. Use full screen, not maximized. It should look better.
2. Can you post screenshots? I don't really understand what you are saying.
(10-07-2012, 02:19 PM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]1. Use full screen, not maximized. It should look better.
2. Can you post screenshots? I don't really understand what you are saying.

hi, thanks for the rapid reply.

1. full screen doesn't work for me, Dolphin will simply crash. (both versions)
2. the difference is not very obvious, especially when the screenshots are converted to jpg, it would become more difficult to tell the difference. maybe I need to find some special gaming screen to make it more obvious, and maybe a good enough monitor is also needed to tell the difference...
Full screen crashing doesn't seem right...

Can you post all of your settings? Maybe we can fix that.
(10-07-2012, 04:12 PM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Full screen crashing doesn't seem right...

Can you post all of your settings? Maybe we can fix that.

I just use the default settings, only configured the Gamecube pad/Wiimote keys.

my OS is Window XP SP3, many services are shut down for better performance, and I'm running Comodo Defense+ which can prevent applications from doing suspicious things.

all other emulators / media-players / PC games / etc. work fine in full screen mode on my system.

any clues?
Press "Alt-Enter"
now I know how to make it cash:

1. config Dolphin's Graphics settings, set a fullscreen resolution different than your current OS desktop resolution;

2. launch a game, press Alt-Enter to switch to fullscreen mode;

3. Dolphin crashes.
what's your GPU ? (please list full name) and driver version
Edit :
Quote:set a fullscreen resolution different than your current OS desktop resolution
eh ? what ? why did you do that
(10-07-2012, 06:26 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]what's your GPU ? (please list full name) and driver version

nVIDIA GeForce 210
BIOS Ver: 70.18.4F.00
GPU Code Name : GT218
Driver Ver: 6.14.12.6658

the OS / PC games / etc. can switch screen resolution on my system without problem.
(10-07-2012, 06:26 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]what's your GPU ? (please list full name) and driver version
Edit :
Quote:set a fullscreen resolution different than your current OS desktop resolution
eh ? what ? why did you do that

there may be many reasons, for example:

1. the default full-screen resolution come with Dolphin is different than your current Desktop resolution;

2. sometimes you may need to change your Desktop resolution for some jobs, and then forget to change Dolphin's setting as well
(10-07-2012, 06:37 PM)cimmy Wrote: [ -> ]1. the default full-screen resolution come with Dolphin is different than your current Desktop resolution;
In options the biggest fullscreen resolution i could choose has always been my screens' resolution, i thought dolphin would calculate your screens resolution and make that the maximum in the options.
Pages: 1 2