Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird Speed Glitch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cuber456

So here is my issue with Dolphin... well not so much of an issue as more as somewhat of a weird glitch.

Basically, when I first start up dolphin, the speed will be really slow. The game will be laggy and so forth which basically makes games(which in this case would be the Wind Waker) unplayable. Now if I go to the options tab and select graphics settings, I immediately get a speedup. It is like night and day. I want to mention that all I did was select graphics settings under the options tab. I didn't edit anything under graphics settings.

Below are 2 video links showcasing the speed difference. The first link shows game before selecting the graphics settings and the second is after selecting the graphics settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNDg4jztnZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra81Zc9HpcE

Perhaps it is obvious to others why this happens but can someone explain to me why this happens?

Thanks
Settings?

My guess is when you opened the settings it changed to texture insend of RAM or something.
Yeah. EFB to RAM is default, when you open the graphics config, the much faster EFB to Texture is enabled.
Wind Waker's .ini file is set to start it with EFB to RAM. When you open the Graphics settings mid-game, it overrides any .ini settings, so if you have EFB to Texture or no EFB set in there it'll set it to that, which causes this speedup you're seeing.

If you want, you can edit GZLE01.ini (or GZLP/GZLJ if you have a PAL/Japanese copy of the game) in the GameConfig folder to make EFBToTextureEnable = True.

Be aware that the game crashes if you try to take a Pictobox photo if you're not on EFB to RAM. EFB to Texture works perfectly besides that, though.

Cuber456

That "EFBToTextureEnable" definitely has something to do with it. When I went to edit GZLE01.ini and set it to true, the game had a huge speed increase like the one I mentioned when just opening the graphics setting.

The other thing I want to mention is that the game doesn't crash when using the Pictobox on this setting(at least for me). The game just reduces speed down to 1% while taking the picture. After taking it, the speed goes back to normal, although the picture is completely black. For my purposes, it doesn't affect me much.

Thanks for the responses!
(10-09-2012, 06:34 AM)Cuber456 Wrote: [ -> ]After taking it, the speed goes back to normal, although the picture is completely black.

That is the point