Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error "The application was unable to install correctly (0xc000007b)"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an error showing up when I run Dolphin 3.0.
I had to place XINPUT3_1.dll in it's folder before and this message is showing up:
The application was unable to install correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application

Could anyone help me solving this?
This problem has become so common it is obnoxious.

Don't just randomly download dll's to place in th folder. Delete that file and install DirectX runtime and VC++ from Microsoft's site. Make sure that if you have a 64 bit system you install the 64 bit versions, and if you have a 32 bit system install the 32 bit versions.

Use the search function next time.

And for the love of god, don't ever just download random dll's to fix something. Install the package that the dll comes from instead.
Quote:This announcement is to inform everyone about the no doubt large amount of threads that will be closed and warnings that will be handed out from now on. Currently, we have been closing threads that did not follow the rules about creating a proper thread, like not providing PC specs, game name, settings and all of the information that is needed in a thread from a person asking for help. On top of that we will also be closing threads from users asking questions that have been asked and answered numerous times and threads that are useless and are a waste of time. We're trying to clear out all the clutter and garbage and replace that with quality threads. Try to use the search feature before you post. There is probably a 90% chance your question has been answered on the forum before you arrived, look for the answer there first.

Placing random DLLs here and there is a recipe for disaster. That's also not how you properly solve the XINPUT3_1.dll issue. This is info listed in the FAQs.

Closed.