Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with opening Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MKWiiAlex

I need help with something. When I open the emulator, it comes up with "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close application". What have I done?
Image: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z1v003jfwawgy3l
which dolphin revision?

Parwesh the genius of all

(10-05-2012, 09:59 PM)MKWiiAlex Wrote: [ -> ]I need help with something. When I open the emulator, it comes up with "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close application". What have I done?
Image: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z1v003jfwawgy3l

now when you have downloaded the emulator there where two versions one with 32 bit n the other with 64 bit just try to download the 32 bit
Make sure you have both "Visual C++ 2010" and "Directx June 2010" installed
You didn't post your specs ...

Quote:Currently, we have been closing threads that did not follow the rules about creating a proper thread, like not providing PC specs, game name, settings and all of the information that is needed in a thread from a person asking for help. On top of that we will also be closing threads from users asking questions that have been asked and answered numerous times and threads that are useless and are a waste of time.

Although posting hardware specs and Dolphin revisions is required, it's pretty irrelevant since this is a very common problem. OP search the forums or use google next time. This has been asked and answered many times over. This issue is caused by having 32-bit DLLs when using a 64-bit application. Uninstall whatever you've downloaded so far and use these links:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

This issue is about as frequent as the VCOMP.dll error and the solution is just as well known.

Closed.