Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: any custom SSAO shaders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know Nvidia now supports SSAO through their control panel, but I'm using Radeon. Has anyone ever written a custom shader to implement it on Dolphin (or any kind of realtime ambient occlusion for that matter). I'm thinking TP would look really sweet with this feature (AO doesn't appear to be baked into it's textures - at least not to my eyes).

My shader programming knowledge is almost nil, although after a few minutes of poking around, I was able to modify the "readme" shader that ships with Dolphin to mirror my video side to side (hard-coded to my internal resolution), so now I can experience my GC version of the game more like the Wii version, even though I have to read backwards.
You're going to have a hard time getting this to work since this is a pretty advanced shader. I really doubt any of our graphics devs (which is basically just neobrain at this point......maybe delroth occasionally) would be interested in working on this.

Quote:even though I have to read backwards.

Why would you want to put up with that?
Quote:no_cluez | NaturalVi: who are you to tell others that I'm not interested in working on an SSAO shader?

Neobrain confirmed for working on the SSAO shader.
delroth confirmed for not waiting long enough:

Quote:(02:10:33 PM) no_cluez: NaturalVi: who are you to tell others that I'm not interested in working on an SSAO shader?
(02:10:54 PM) NaturalVi: no_cluez: because your not interested in anything?
(02:10:59 PM) NaturalVi: you're*
(02:11:19 PM) no_cluez: uh, yeah sounds about right, damn.
NaturalViolence confirmed for killing fun.
delroth confirmed for starting off-topic derail Tongue. See, it wasn't me this time SS.
(10-03-2012, 04:13 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you want to put up with that?

Ha, it's not so bad. I've already played through the game once, so it's a nice way to freshen it up for a second play-through. I'm considering replaying some of my other games this way as well. Incidentally, I feel the level design is more intuitive this way; it speaks to the psychology of the human brain, and how we prefer certain shapes and motions, such as movement toward the upper right visually. Though I'm sure some of the intuitiveness is just because I've already played it before, I suspect the level designers created the maps in the Wii orientation.
Can you upload that shader? I'm not familiar with shaders enough to do one myself but it sounds awesome to make Zelda games more difficult (like Master Quest in OOT 3D).
(10-03-2012, 07:07 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you upload that shader? I'm not familiar with shaders enough to do one myself but it sounds awesome to make Zelda games more difficult (like Master Quest in OOT 3D).

Perhaps I'll have time to upload it tomorrow night after I get home. I'll be too busy tonight.
(10-04-2012, 02:21 AM)4evrplan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2012, 07:07 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you upload that shader? I'm not familiar with shaders enough to do one myself but it sounds awesome to make Zelda games more difficult (like Master Quest in OOT 3D).

Perhaps I'll have time to upload it tomorrow night after I get home. I'll be too busy tonight.

Awesome, thanks!
Pages: 1 2