Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this enough to run dolphin at fullspeed with LLE audio?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm thinking to buy a new PC. My current PC's specs are Intel core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz (overclocked to 3.4ghz), Radeon HD 4670 1GB DDR3, 4GB of RAM, Windows 7 32 bit.

And I'm planning of buying a new PC with these specs:
- Intel i5 2500k 3.4ghz
- Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5
- 8GB of RAM
- Windows 7 64 bit
My budget is under $600 so these are the only specs I can think of.

My question is:
1. Is this enough to run Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Tales of Symphonia (GC) at full speed with LLE audio with very minimal sound problems?
2. Is the graphic card good and fast enough? I know there's newer types of Radeon but the recent ones are too pricey for me. Or do you have any other suggestion? I always use Radeon but I don't really know about Nvidia.
3. Will I get a noticable improvement of performances from my current PC?

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could answer my question. Thanks
Tales of Symphonia + LLE = i5 2500k
Xenoblade + LLE = i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
The Last Story + HLE = 4.5GHz or higher
The Last Story + LLE = i100 @ 10GHz Lol
Ypu'll need Z68 or Z77 mobo to overclock but please choose Z77
Quote:Will I get a noticable improvement of performances from my current PC?
Core 2 duo doesn't stand a chance against i3/i5/i7 first generation core i series , i5 2500k is 2nd gen and i5 3570k is 3rd gen
That will be a great upgrade.

Quote: 1. Is this enough to run Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Tales of Symphonia (GC) at full speed with LLE audio with very minimal sound problems?
Xenoblade doesn't need LLE. But either way, you'll run it easily. Same for Tales of Symphonia.
The Last Story doesn't need LLE either. It will run very well with HLE, but you will have some slowdowns at times. (Mostly in large scale battles)

Quote:2. Is the graphic card good and fast enough? I know there's newer types of Radeon but the recent ones are too pricey for me. Or do you have any other suggestion? I always use Radeon but I don't really know about Nvidia.
The 6670 is good enough for x3 IR which is a bit bigger than 1080p.
Do you also play PC games? If so, what resolution and settings would you like to play them at?

Quote:3. Will I get a noticable improvement of performances from my current PC?
Yes, you will notice a big difference.
(10-02-2012, 06:22 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Tales of Symphonia + LLE = i5 2500k
Xenoblade + LLE = i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
The Last Story + HLE = 4.5GHz or higher
The Last Story + LLE = i100 @ 10GHz Lol
Ypu'll need Z68 or Z77 mobo to overclock but please choose Z77
Quote:Will I get a noticable improvement of performances from my current PC?
Core 2 duo doesn't stand a chance against i3/i5/i7 first generation core i series , i5 2500k is 2nd gen and i5 3570k is 3rd gen

(10-02-2012, 06:28 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]That will be a great upgrade.

Quote: 1. Is this enough to run Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Tales of Symphonia (GC) at full speed with LLE audio with very minimal sound problems?
Xenoblade doesn't need LLE. But either way, you'll run it easily. Same for Tales of Symphonia.
The Last Story doesn't need LLE either. It will run very well with HLE, but you will have some slowdowns at times. (Mostly in large scale battles)

Quote:2. Is the graphic card good and fast enough? I know there's newer types of Radeon but the recent ones are too pricey for me. Or do you have any other suggestion? I always use Radeon but I don't really know about Nvidia.
The 6670 is good enough for x3 IR which is a bit bigger than 1080p.
Do you also play PC games? If so, what resolution and settings would you like to play them at?

Quote:3. Will I get a noticable improvement of performances from my current PC?
Yes, you will notice a big difference.

Thank you so much to both of you.
I didn't know a specific motherboard is required to overclock i5 2500k.
Now I'm more convinced to get i5 2500k.
Yes, I'll be using it for PC games too, but I don't play PC games that much, so medium-high setting is okay.

How should I overclock the i5 2500k? Directly to 4.5ghz?
(10-05-2012, 07:08 PM)Astearica Wrote: [ -> ]How should I overclock the i5 2500k? Directly to 4.5ghz?

Better go progressively. 3.8, 4.0, 4.2, 4.5...